Flashaholic Getogether in Singapore! PART-III (3)

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
bermudas and trackshoes would be fine if you bring Off insect repellent, seein as how its near the mangroves, there will probably be mosquitoes.

There's a general map available here, i'd suggest meeting at pasir ris MRT instead, so that those who drive wont have to shift places too often.

As stated, i will probably (if not too tired) cycle there as i live in tampines so wont be carrying huge lights like the Mag3D with aspheric lens :D

Was thinking of bringin the cheaper lights to see how they perform, Romisen RC-N3 II, Ultrafire 606 (both 2xAA) and maybe one or two more.

roadie

Enlightened
Roadie, which laser did you modd btw? Green or red type? Can you share its finish end with a pic? I'm interested in one if you succeeded with a good range running on 2 AAs or just a single or perhaps 3 AAAs?

err , i got one red 5mw on a 2 AA mod ....,
the other one is a 7 x 150mw red mod on a 3 D cell (my favourite) :D
both hosts are cheapo plastic torchlights though.....

no pics as they are made very roughly, too ugly to shown online :sick2:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Park! wow ! okie, i try not to over pack my belongings like the other trip then :) ........... i think i will bring the baseball HID along ..... ooops

Adrian .... kindly bring yr doggie along too ? :D woof woof

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
Pasir Ris Outing (finalised with details)!!

fri evening, 31 July:
1) sORe-EyEz (GO)
2) Zeruel (Maybe)
3) Ling HS
4) Roadie (GO)
5) Hyperloop

meeting point: Tampines MRT (wider choice of food selection):popcorn:
time : 6.30pm

if its a GO, please indicate with a ---> (GO), beside your nick ;).

i will only proceed with the outing if at least 5 people indicate a (GO) beside their nick by this wednesday, July 29.
....................................................................................

hi Hyperloop,

please indicate if you intend to go? if you are please PM me about the selection of food for diner at Pasir Ris. i am not familiar with that place, last recalled there is not much choices available. :duh2:
.....................................................................................

kindly PM me your contacts for those whom i do not have. thanks. :)

Last edited:

SemperFi

Banned
Sept is a bit far ahead to know although I'm aware it'll be here in no time. :thinking: Would like to check out your X21. :cool:
Why don't you organise one for that when the date is nearer? On top of an open invitation, you could even pm like you suggested. :)

Thanx for yr suggestion. Planning ahead is always a good discipline being an organised person myself... however, I can see yr point too. Perhaps it comes with age, I have to decide and when others are involved, it is necessary like making flights, hotels, even car rentals and transfers during travels... these are but a few just to give you an idea what planning , and good planning does and incur.

Anyway, I'm visiting yr country and so, will easily blend in when a date, time is fixed as a guest... not as an Organiser in this case. Its not the right step nor appropriate either... but I can make time to be where you guys show up at... using a GPS to help if need be.

I can't bring my dog this time round....LoL

Not just yet... it will in the near future when we stay abroad much longer.

Enjoy yr week and with the coming Meet. :)

So far, I notice only 2x with a "GO" confirmation....??? :eek:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pasir Ris Outing (finalised with details)!!

fri evening, 31 July:
1) sORe-EyEz (GO)
2) Zeruel (Maybe)
3) Ling HS
4) Roadie (GO)
5) Hyperloop (GO) but will meet directly at Pasir Ris

meeting point: Tampines MRT (wider choice of food selection):popcorn:
time : 6.30pm

if its a GO, please indicate with a ---> (GO), beside your nick ;).

i will only proceed with the outing if at least 5 people indicate a (GO) beside their nick by this wednesday, July 29.
....................................................................................

hi Hyperloop,

please indicate if you intend to go? if you are please PM me about the selection of food for diner at Pasir Ris. i am not familiar with that place, last recalled there is not much choices available. :duh2:

At Pasir Ris TOWN Park which is opposite Pasir Ris MRT, there are food stalls, notably Arnolds Chicken, a franchise, some zi cha places etc, a beer garden too, this is the park opposite white sands, not the one that you were suggesting.
.....................................................................................

kindly PM me your contacts for those whom i do not have. thanks. :)

PM sent.

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
sorry folks there are too few of us to preceed with the outing this fri at Pasir Ris. :shakehead

better luck next time.... :shrug:

roadie

Enlightened
no problem ..... we shall get together again for walks , meanwhile, upgrade with more arsenals ! :D

SemperFi

Banned
The Spore group of EDC fanciers among your group apparently is small by the statistic made visible from the enthusiasm & responses one can easily follow within the threads submitted.

For this, it is to be anticipated and proper planning is a good way to address it resulting in each & every night gathering planned to be a satisfactory success, if you will.

Yr contents that one can read & follow indicates the varied ages involved which may be another factor that there might be those who are past their 40s and some in their early 20s if not, late teens only. This can be set aside regardless of sensing the generation gap, with proper planning and fun as it should, for all ages. I'm very close to my 60s and know from viewing the exchanges in here, this is a core issue too, the age difference may be the contributing factor for reluctance which is unfortunate.

Anyway, I wish all of you to focus more on proper planning and start with an organise roster and coordinate a better relationship despite one that may only cycle or have no vehicle with those who does have and willing to assist "tompang" rides to rendezvous points. That is team-building.

My own beer buddies in Malaysia and Spore are all past their 40s and 75% are EDC fanciers themselves but we focus more on GPS Mapping and technology but still we enjoy and pull out our mini flashes to show and compare if needed... without any need of prior arrangements.

Have fun nonetheless with your "light" arsenal...:)

albert

Enlightened
Receive SMS from SoreEyes a week ago about this outing...

Sorry folks, hope you guys enjoy yourself, i got outing with my wife to shopping centre... :mecry:

SemperFi

Banned
Receive SMS from SoreEyes a week ago about this outing...

Sorry folks, hope you guys enjoy yourself, i got outing with my wife to shopping centre... :mecry:

Why sob at the deed???:eek: I hate shopping myself unlike in my younger days when courting but now... I go only to chat with other women I meet which is my other hobby...heheh and usually, end up with the day seeing my wife shops for my needs instead!!!:hitit:

Thats the GOOD & positive side of it... so, don't cry Albert, she may just buy you your new flash gun....:devil:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Spore group of EDC fanciers among your group apparently is small by the statistic made visible from the enthusiasm & responses one can easily follow within the threads submitted.

For this, it is to be anticipated and proper planning is a good way to address it resulting in each & every night gathering planned to be a satisfactory success, if you will.

Yr contents that one can read & follow indicates the varied ages involved which may be another factor that there might be those who are past their 40s and some in their early 20s if not, late teens only. This can be set aside regardless of sensing the generation gap, with proper planning and fun as it should, for all ages. I'm very close to my 60s and know from viewing the exchanges in here, this is a core issue too, the age difference may be the contributing factor for reluctance which is unfortunate.

Anyway, I wish all of you to focus more on proper planning and start with an organise roster and coordinate a better relationship despite one that may only cycle or have no vehicle with those who does have and willing to assist "tompang" rides to rendezvous points. That is team-building.

My own beer buddies in Malaysia and Spore are all past their 40s and 75% are EDC fanciers themselves but we focus more on GPS Mapping and technology but still we enjoy and pull out our mini flashes to show and compare if needed... without any need of prior arrangements.

Have fun nonetheless with your "light" arsenal...:)

i'm comin to 40 soon :D but this hobby is one that is addictive, haha. drop me a PM if u r in town my friend, will definitely make an effort to meet up

SemperFi

Banned
i'm comin to 40 soon :D but this hobby is one that is addictive, haha. drop me a PM if u r in town my friend, will definitely make an effort to meet up

Well... that's an excellent idea to "great balls (or beams in this case) of fire"...!!!!:devil:

This is a good forward development and I look forward meeting you and making new friends from yr country. I'm having a short stopover and planning a qik roustabout at some spots on the island with a Rental from Changi to get me dashing around the places I wish to see which I last remember back in the late 60s....:D

You've got PM then, lets discuss from there... cheersch to you Hyperloop ! (I fear your PM default feature is disabled, pls enable, thnx.)

BIGbeerglass.jpg

Only the sky's the limit for us humanoids with our....LEDs :whistle:

P7180099.jpg

Last edited:

tankahn

Newly Enlightened
This is a field report of our overnight trip to Pulau Ubin on National day 9 Aug. There were 3 of us. The flashlights we brought include SF E2DL, SF L4, SF L1, Nightcore EX10, D10 Q5, Extreme QF, Extreme LE Stainless Steel Bezel, Defender Infinity with GDP head, Fenix TA 21, Quark CR123, Innova UV, Zebra H60w Headlamp.

Of these we found the best overall for throw is SF E2DL and Fenix TA 21. For flood the SF L4 and Nightcore Infinity is preferred.

None of the lights did badly and were fun to use to spot shy and rare anmals. We were able to spot a elusive civet cat up close and took pictures of it. The LED throwers were bright enough to see details on the tallet trees. Useful for spotting durians and dramatic lighting for night photography.

Saturday night on 22nd Aug is moonless and a good date to visit Ubin. If you are keen, we hope to make a group and visit Ubin together. Our usual plan is to to stay overnight in the rubber plantation. We would leave our belongings at Npark Murai hut and explore the surrounds. BTW its also the Ghost month and hope this is not a deterent factor if you are keen.

Edited 13 Aug
Some pictures we took

(taken by Alan Tay) Spotted the elusive civet cat
3815708166_3256f62885.jpg

(taken by Andy Ho) Coconut tree covered with dragon tail vine . We used our flashlights to point at different parts of the tree.
3815707636_ccd7d98bc6.jpg

(taken by Andy Ho) Scorpion under UV flashlight
3815707966_d5a2d96734.jpg

James Tan

Last edited:

roadie

Enlightened
hmm not bad ..... but hor, too rush, i got things coming soon .... i think

sept can?

i used to camp alot alone on noordin beach :D

tankahn

Newly Enlightened
Sat 19 Sep would be moonless also.

Noordin beach is an interesting place to explore. That place used to be a cemetery. Once a group of campers thought they seen a ghost. We flashed around looking for herons which flapped their wings loudly and screeched in sounds that is human like.

hmm not bad ..... but hor, too rush, i got things coming soon .... i think

sept can?

i used to camp alot alone on noordin beach :D

SemperFi

Banned

Noordin beach is an interesting place to explore.

Where is Noordin beach? :)

Sounds like one in Malaysia or is it? I may then join but need to know what time as its a tight schedule for me, as I'm catching early morning flight to Sydney on Sunday.

roadie

Enlightened

Noordin beach is an interesting place to explore. That place used to be a cemetery. Once a group of campers thought they seen a ghost. We flashed around looking for herons which flapped their wings loudly and screeched in sounds that is human like.

well, i see things often too ... therefore not wise for me to venture at 7th month ..... :eek:

anyway, when i camp there alone .... nothing happen though ... :D

tankahn

Newly Enlightened
Noordin is a small beach in Pulau Ubin island just a few miles north east of Changi Airport. The Japanese landed on the island first during the invasion of Singapore during WWII and its probably the last of 'wild' Singapore before development turns the island into another concrete jungle.

The problem is getting a boat back in the morning. But you can spend a few hours on Saturday night and take a lost boat back to Changi. You can then walk along the boardwalk along Changi coast and explore the abandoned Changi Hospital.

PM me if you like to meet up. We will bring a sachel of lights so just bring your favorite light.

Where is Noordin beach? :)

Sounds like one in Malaysia or is it? I may then join but need to know what time as its a tight schedule for me, as I'm catching early morning flight to Sydney on Sunday.

SemperFi

Banned
The problem is getting a boat back in the morning. But you can spend a few hours on Saturday night and take a lost boat back to Changi. You can then walk along the boardwalk along Changi coast and explore the abandoned Changi Hospital.

TQ for the offer and the brief history on the location. I have to pass this one though, I do need to be checking out early and handing the Hertz Rental car at Changi just after dawn for the early flight to Sydney...

I sure don't have an option when landing myself stranded on an island waiting for a flapping / passing sampan...
flippinjumbo.gif

.....not even if it was a flying boat. LoL :devil: