Flashaholic Getogether in Singapore! PART-IV (4)

Flea Bag

Enlightened

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
For some reasons I am not sure of, my body was at work last night but my mind was on MacRitchie wondering how was the outing going. So how was it guys?

Taipan

Newly Enlightened
For some reasons I am not sure of, my body was at work last night but my mind was on MacRitchie wondering how was the outing going. So how was it guys?

Man, was it hard to wake up after that! ;)All 6 musketeers reported for roll call and restrained ourselves in the woods until we unleashed thousands of lumens (well over 10k worth?) up on the tower! :faint::xyxgun:Pics from some of us who caught good shots will be surfacing soon.:sssh:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, was it hard to wake up after that! ;)All 6 musketeers reported for roll call and restrained ourselves in the woods until we unleashed thousands of lumens (well over 10k worth?) up on the tower! :faint::xyxgun:Pics from some of us who caught good shots will be surfacing soon.:sssh:
Damn! I knew I'd definitely miss all the fun! Photos guys!

[email protected]

Newly Enlightened
Its like an out of control "Light House" on the tower.. :candle: Most importantly is not what was used but the fun and company thats matters most.

Missed the company of Zurel & Sore Eyes... U guys should be joining the fun man.. Hope to see u guys again on the next meet up... No excuses this time ok. :eek:

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Missed the company of Zurel & Sore Eyes... U guys should be joining the fun man.. Hope to see u guys again on the next meet up... No excuses this time ok. :eek:

I didn't go because I know someone's bringing the Polarion and spoiling the fun. Just kidding, I was really hoping to go but couldn't due to a certain event. But anyway, there're always more outings in the future. Hope more people step in to organise, since our group is small, maybe we should take turns. :naughty:

Flea Bag

Enlightened
I didn't go because I know someone's bringing the Polarion and spoiling the fun. Just kidding, I was really hoping to go but couldn't due to a certain event. But anyway, there're always more outings in the future. Hope more people step in to organise, since our group is small, maybe we should take turns. :naughty:

Actually, there isn't really a need to organize! No stress! This time around, it was just a matter of us bouncing dates and locations around until something seems popular. We're all pretty well into adult territory here so most of us are responsible enough to rock up on time, inform someone if they'll be late, ensure our own safety and of those around us and make it out alive...

What stood out for me on Jelutong Tower was the atmosphere... Very cooling, an almost mysterious view from the tower and no mosquitoes! That's a first for me. In fact, despite wearing shorts, I don't think I was bitten the whole night! Certainly not enough to remember if I was bitten. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Was the only guy holding the candle for incandescents but it's the company that matters...

chanjyj

Enlightened
Eh. Thought Polarion was sold? Saw it on CPFMP IIRC.
Need to get a Maxabeam one of these days...

ihtech

Newly Enlightened
Damn! I knew I'd definitely miss all the fun! Photos guys!

Yeah! I was having so much fun that nite, good excises and saw so many night creatures...snake, Frog, Spider, Fish, Birds.........Hey where are the photo!? Can't wait for the next event to happen, hopefully we have bigger group in the next meet up!!!!!

:)

stong1970

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to keep you guys waiting. Here are the photos.

img2009wc.jpg

Baby Snake.

img2010ft.jpg

We avoid using this longer route.

img2020lh.jpg

A large spider.

img2027wf.jpg

Frog

img2030kq.jpg

Spider and Web

img2032gj.jpg

At Jelutong Tower

img2034qud.jpg

Beamshoot

img2040cg.jpg

A very old bridge.

img2045n.jpg

More frog.

img2046j.jpg

Gecko at the pump house.

img2055c.jpg

The Long Pants group.

img2056q.jpg

The Short Pants group.

img2058o.jpg

Oops...

img2061m.jpg

And finally - Light Cluster of the night.

Last edited:

airmj

Newly Enlightened
If not for the lights, you guys are walking in complete darkness?

Awesome shots haha :D

Taipan

Newly Enlightened
Actually, there isn't really a need to organize! No stress! This time around, it was just a matter of us bouncing dates and locations around until something seems popular. We're all pretty well into adult territory here so most of us are responsible enough to rock up on time, inform someone if they'll be late, ensure our own safety and of those around us and make it out alive...

What stood out for me on Jelutong Tower was the atmosphere... Very cooling, an almost mysterious view from the tower and no mosquitoes! That's a first for me. In fact, despite wearing shorts, I don't think I was bitten the whole night! Certainly not enough to remember if I was bitten. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Was the only guy holding the candle for incandescents but it's the company that matters...

True! It was easier cos we pitched in with relevant info and kept it rolling like a joint project. Even the pics turned out better than expected!:thumbsup:

ihtech

Newly Enlightened
Yep! Pure forest trail!

Yeah! that's where all the fun came from. We all come to an agreement to use flashlights under 200 Lumens to make the way to the tower more interesting and only brought out the big guns once we reach the tower.
I guess now its time to start thinking about the next "field trip".......

airmj

Newly Enlightened
Sentosa would be great, the imbiah trails and forest trails at night are pitch black as well. And they link to the sea.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I missed all the fun. I missed all the fun. I missed all the fun. I missed all the fun. I missed all the fun.