Flashlight in my wallet

sed6

Enlightened
I have a light around my neck (Drake), in my pocket (P1D) and on my keyring (Photon Freedom) so why not in my wallet? Cause I couldn't find anything until today!

That's it on the left next to my sterling silver wallet pen.
2670428350048482531S600x600Q85.jpg

Yep, just the light, a bobby pin and some heat shrink. Tiny isn't it?
2422814250048482531S600x600Q85.jpg

I found the light in the fishing tackle section of Sportsmans Warehouse. Academy also has them for the same price. They are designed to light up lures or attach to your pole for night fishing (no not that pole). They are cheap at about $2.49. I found them in yellow, red and green. The green is worthless and I didn't try the yellow. The red is great! It is plenty bright to navigate a dark stairwell. It has an advertised runtime of 20 hours. Hope you like!
2030549260048482531S600x600Q85.jpg

Casebrius

Newly Enlightened
we use these for playing disc golf at night. We tape one to the bottom side of our golf disc and let it fly! They last as advertised.

ugrey

Enlightened
Well, I have a cheap, old, blue nylon tri fold wallet that I have sewn a small, verticle, tubular pocket on the side. I used a collar from a worn out blue sport shirt. The color matches exactly. In the pocket I keep an ARC AAA. I never know it is there, but I always have a good, long lasting, emergency light on me. If I can stop buying SureFires long enough, I will replace the ARC with a Fenix LOD. They are just about the same size and the Fenix is much brighter and more versatile.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
okay, im gonna make one of those....3mm leds anyone? :D

Crenshaw

Mmmmm gonna need a tiny boost circuit unless these tiny cylindrical cells are ~3V.

I think a Victorinox Swisscard Lite would work better for a wallet, but this is a cool idea nonetheless.

nightlighter

Newly Enlightened
hi this is my first post i thought i better get of the fence, and start putting somthing back for all the info ive got from cpf. there are several coast flaslights that use the 3volt battery you mentioned i have 3 of the double 3 volts the model is v16 penlight.
icon6.gif

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mmmmm gonna need a tiny boost circuit unless these tiny cylindrical cells are ~3V.

I think a Victorinox Swisscard Lite would work better for a wallet, but this is a cool idea nonetheless.
i coudld just line those mini cells up in series....thats how A27 type batteries genearate 12v. Bart, where can i find those batteries?

Crenshaw

B@rt

Flashaholic
The cheapest I found them was here. , usually a fishing supplies store will carry them as well. ;)

The Nano Lenser might be an option as well for walletcarry. ;)
36829832xe0.jpg

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
:drool:

great, here i was looking for an AAAA light, now i shall have to check out the nano, and a fishing supply store...

thanks bart..:D ive found a new project...

Crenshaw

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I checked ****'s Sporting Goods. They've got "refills" for the lighted floats that look kind of like the pic in the original post. I think the price was $3.29, and they came in red or green.

Geoff