Flashlight with some serious lumen and strobe

SDM44

Newly Enlightened
Ever hit somebody with a strobe on a high powered light in the dark? Besides affecting the other guy, it's going to take you a second also to adjust to that sudden bright light as well, especially if your eyes have already been adjusted to the darkness for a little while.

IMO, using a solid beam of very bright light would be better to subdue somebody, more so than a strobe. Plus, you'll be able to keep a constant view on the person instead of watching them move/dance around that strobe as if they're in a club. Even watch somebody move with a strobe light on them? It's almost like you're playing catch up to them.

But that's my personal opinion, as I've seen this topic go both ways many of times.

attist178

Newly Enlightened
TEEJ, good post. I've used the strobe on my Stinger LED to good effect on a subject struggling with a victim in the city. I strobed him, he was obviously disoriented for a second, and it at least caused him to release the woman and throw his hands to to eyes. Used that 2-second advantage to order him to the ground, and a nearby LEO heard the shouts and placed him in custody. The guy told the cop exactly what you said, he couldn't see me except for the strobe, and immediately figured I was someone he should be listening to.

spc smith

Enlightened
ledmitter,

Let me elaborate the story for you so far. I ordered this Klarus XT11 26 days ago, at which point I just now found out via a letter from the post master NCOIC, th host country address ie Qatar was listed as the default address (not APO) and ended up going to the qatari postal service. It's a minor mistake on goinggear's part, but a huge mistake sending my order right to qatari customs and not to my base postal service. Long story short and 25 days later, they finally decided to refund me after I was about to lose my mind from checking the mail everyday that takes 6 to 10 days at longest from the states on oversea shipment. Now a waiver is needed to claim the "tactical in nature flashlight" and I said **** it all together and ordered another one which is awaiting me at home. On top of that I spoke with andy who offered no apology after my 25 day inconvenience as a soldier. I NEEDED THAT LIGHT FOR DEEP IED PLACEMENT CAVITY CHECKS ON LARGER VEHICLES! When I called back in frustration, all andy did was refund the light without any follow up apology on the something that was originally thier fault. It was almost like he was rushing me off the phone after I waited as long as I did! Needless to say, I called back the next day and said I was indeed ready to cancel my second order of the second Klarus XT11 because of my previous customer service experience with andy not giving a damn and just rushing me off the phone with the refund.

I will not end my findings there. Like I said I called the next day also with my formal complaint email and kyle came to my attention. He was very understanding and even offered to send something extra in leu of my inconvenience. I turned it down but he insisted and THAT'S RECTIFYING the situation. I didnt care about the Klarus XT11 as I was ready to send both the dang lights back because of andy's inability to see after 25 days later and on thier fault, frustrated about the whole situation. It was like a complete change when I was on the phone with kyle, very kind to listen and understand the situation I dealt with. Im not going to see the second order till a couple months down the road because of Qatari customs red flagged it as a tactical item. But I will ship that damn light off to goinggear and be done with it. Having good relations with the dealer is just important to me as the light itself. They sent me some colored diffusers, and all I wanted was an apology for a mistake one of the guys unfortunately made. Mistakes happen, but be apologetic after a mistake was made. I forgive X who made the mistake at goinggear=)... Sot that's the story so far. Goinggear is a solid company and just made a mistake. Nothing bad about that. But I'm not her4e to beat a dead horse more than it already is. I'm here to tell any first time deploying soldiers DO NOT PUT IN OR ALLOW THE COMPANY OF WHICH YOU ARE ORDERING FROM TO PUT IN THE HOST COUNTRIES ADDRESS!!! ie kuwait, afghanistan, Qatar.. This is what I got so far ledmitter. I'm just one guy with one experience.

ledmitter

Enlightened
ledmitter,

Let me elaborate the story for you so far...

Whoah man. Looks like a bit of miscommunication. Also the 1st guy being in a store might have had customers and was watching out for shoplifters. I would be understanding of the abruptness of the call, but at least they offered an immediate refund and gave freebies. They might never see that shipment back from Qatar.

Keep us updated if you ever get your hands on one. Want your opinion of it from a soldier.

Good luck to you over there.

Last edited:

spc smith

Enlightened
They will see that shipment back. Ill make sure of it that it gets back to them I would not want them to lose a light they've refunded me on.

torva_lupus

Newly Enlightened
They will see that shipment back. Ill make sure of it that it gets back to them I would not want them to lose a light they've refunded me on.

What a coincidence… I am in Qatar as well.
I already got the Klarus XT11, they send it to my home country and then a friend of mine brought it here.
It's true they can get paranoid for nothing.
I love the strobe mode, it's really strong and for sure can disoriented the attacker for few secs

spc smith

Enlightened
Torva-pious,

I ordered and had my XT11 directly shipped from the company to ALL address. The order would have shipped right on time 6-12 days later if the host nations address was not entered, but its no big deal as my second order was right on time to my home address 2 days later:) going gear threw some freebies in also for my inconvenience. I bashed them pretty hard, which I wish I had not done. I would recommend them based off of my second shipment time

SPC Smith

Ezeriel

Enlightened
Wow.. how is this thread not locked?

...anywho. Don't think "blind 'em and whack 'em" think "bright light, run away"

Bad guys are called "bad" for a reason, but if you're desperate, any 2AA light makes for a decent kubotan

You don't blind a person with the light on.. you strobe them and turn the light off... when they are seeing dots.. you RUN, scream 'FIRE!', and run some more.

..and then you call the cops, 'cause they have guns, and training.

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can order the Varapower Turbo 2 as a 3-mode with the original mag-lite switch. One of the levels is strobe. Thats over 2000otf lumens with 120,000lux. For more pain you can de-dome the light for up to 200,000lux. That shoud really hurt in the eyes :devil: