Flashlights in TV shows and movies (Part 4)

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What Flashlight is this?

I don't really know, but it looks like some of the early handheld HID lights I saw in the past. Maybe ask in General Forum, I'm curious now too.

Norm

Retired Administrator

Merged into Flashlights in TV shows and movies.
Looks Like a Chinese HID as suggested above.
Norm

Last edited:

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast

In the movie Fast Five it looks like an Inova X1 they are using while disassembling the GT40.

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
On last night's episode of House, "The Fix," they were using yellow flashlights.

Surefire G2 Nitrolon?

That is exactly what they were! I usually do not watch that show, but I was talking on the phone with it on mute and you could see the lights from every angle. The view of the tailcaps and the grip pattern on the body leave no question in my mind that they were yellow G2s... I am not sure if they were LED or Incan, though.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Series ~ "CSI"

Episode ~ "Lost & Found."

An old-fashioned, two-tone, flashlight becomes the main piece of evidence in the disappearence of a father and his children.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Series ~ "The First 48"

Episode ~ "Out of the past."

Police investigate the brutal death of a man murdered in his own home, in front of his family. While initially checking out the crime scene, police and detectives use two flashlights. Only the MagCharger is easily indentifiable.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Series ~ "Doctor Who"

Episode ~ "Midnight."

In this 2008 episode, when the Doctor and the other passengers in the "train" get trapped in the tunnel during their sight-seeing tour, they pull out emergency flashlights. All quite blue in tint. All with cheap, flat, shoe-lace lanyards attached. The hostess has a plastic inca. lantern. (Its beam isn't blue.)

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Series ~ "Doctor Who"

Episode ~ "Midnight."

In this 2008 episode, when the Doctor and the other passengers in the "train" get trapped in the tunnel during their sight-seeing tour, they pull out emergency flashlights. All quite blue in tint. All with cheap, flat, shoe-lace lanyards attached. The hostess has a plastic inca. lantern. (Its beam isn't blue.)

God, I'd forgotten about this episode - well creepy!

Here's some illustration to your comments.

A group shot showing the tints:

5732774865_2571e7bd19_o.jpg

And one in close up:

5732775315_73f8226a6d_o.jpg

Looks like a type that was common here in England in Camping shops like Millets and Blacks. Don't know the make - though it may be by Cybalite (Not Cyberman!!!!) I haven't seen the lantern before, but they are not a type of torch that has ever interested me. Pocketable or bust!

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The latest Doctor Who series has had loads of interesting lights in it, the Fenix T1 is the obvious one, but I'm sure there were a few other Fenixes in there too, what did that american agent have? I thought it looked like a high output incan by the colour of it..

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Series ~ "Filthy Cities"

Episode ~ "Revolutionary Paris."

When the host is investigating the catacombs of Paris, piled nearly 6-feet high with bones of the dead, he's using what might be a Sam's Club HID. It's clearly an HID in the same style.

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know what lights were used on the tv series Firefly? (I own it on blu-ray,but I'm not quite sure what lights were in use..) I thought they might be using Maxabeams.

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everybody favors 4D Maglite White Stars on the CBS TV series Chaos.

(7/28/11) Sorry folks but I've had to delete the image I originally posted here from my server because it got hot-linked by the Chaos CBS TV Show blog. (now defunct - 10/11) It seems every image they publish is hot-linked from another web site and they have a "contact us" link that goes nowhere.

I host all my own images to respect the hot-linking rules here at CPF so I don't take kindly to people hot-linking to images I post on CPF and it happens all the time.

chaos.jpg

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Series ~ "MonsterQuest"

Episode ~ "Giant Pythons in America."

A handful of different lights used in this episode. A two-man team uses what appear to be inexpensive headlamps while exploring an abandoned building. Another individual, in another part of America, uses the old standby; a 2AA inca. Mini-Maglite while checking for snakes deep in the sewers.

yliu

Enlightened
There's a Surefire G2 in HurtLocker.

In Tron: Legacy there MIGHT be a Surefire M6 in the beginning.