Flashlights in TV shows and movies (Part 4)

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
I was flipping through the channels and spotted two Surefire M6's on Ghost Whisperer.

IMAG5852_zpstrmlepky.jpg

BennyBoomBox

Newly Enlightened
I just saw an episode of "Outrageous Acts Of Science", from 2014 and one of the videos they talked about, was a guy that cooked a turkey with six flashlights. They had to be modified Mags, but they didn't give any details about the lights themselves, so that's a guess judging by their appearance and the fact they cooked something with them.

Its the old version of the wicked laser torch.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
In Barbershop 2 the policeman checking the rear of Nappy Kutz had what appeared to be a 6 D mag.

But tonight while watching 'Act of Valor', when dude rose out of the water after the sniper had off'd the guy on the dock (and the other guy caught him) I noticed an edc size light clamped to his rifle. I figured it probably wasn't a Coast. Then I notice everybody on the team had a flashlight clamped to their rifle.
Mechanix Impact tactical gloves and Seal Team approved lights...
I guess I'm now not only a glove-o-holic, but now a flash-o-holic.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
pesky double post...

good place to add pix I guess.

Ideas of what kind anybody?

Either way this lead me to purchase the Sure Fire G2X Pro in black and a tan one for the wife.

Last edited:

Outlander

Newly Enlightened
Missed that one in San Andreas.

It's always nice seeing pics.

Who wants to just read about someone seeing a flashlight in a movie. :D

Love this thread.

rishabharies

Newly Enlightened
what light was used in "The Knowing"?

If you are talking about the scene where Nicholas cage is chasing the alien into a field towards the end of the movie, i think that was a Streamlight super Tac, but I'm not a100% sure. I remember watching that movie and asking myself the same question.

summer

Newly Enlightened
I just watched Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials in cinema. Does anyone know what flashlights they used?

rishabharies

Newly Enlightened
I just watched the Martian and saw Matt use a huge flashlight that was sitting in a dock next to the blown off door of the HAB, does anyone have any idea what that was, it had multiple leds and i thought it was a coast but i could be wrong.

RyeBread

Newly Enlightened
I just watched the Martian and saw Matt use a huge flashlight that was sitting in a dock next to the blown off door of the HAB, does anyone have any idea what that was, it had multiple leds and i thought it was a coast but i could be wrong.

Beat me to it.

It looked like a Coast HP21 to me.

Related: His knife wasn't a Spyderco, despite having the thumbhole. I was a little disappointed when I read that on another forum.

rishabharies

Newly Enlightened
Beat me to it.

It looked like a Coast HP21 to me.

Related: His knife wasn't a Spyderco, despite having the thumbhole. I was a little disappointed when I read that on another forum.

I knew somebody would've seen the movie and said, "hmm, I'm pretty sure that's a coast". Thanks for the info. It seemed to be illuminating a large areas without any hot spot or much of a throw. Is that how those flashlights are, or can one turn the had from flood to focus like their other products?

RyeBread

Newly Enlightened
I don't have one, so I can't give you the best answer. A video review seemed to show the same beam pattern as the movie, though.