Flashlights, Pistols, and Blades... :)

magellan

Honorary Aussie
;-)

Coincidentally I just read that after finding the Wiki article. ;-). It said exactly the same thing, referring to the Jericho model as you said. Lots of good info there also about the CZ's for anyone who likes their models.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
;-)

Coincidentally I just read that after finding the Wiki article. ;-). It said exactly the same thing, referring to the Jericho model as you said. Lots of good info there also about the CZ's for anyone who likes their models.

They are also probably the only CZ75 "clone" that is actually better than the CZ 75. That is just an amazing platform. Even some of the lesser clones are really good, just lacking any customer support if needed.

Ha! I guess that's all that matters. ;-)

My understating is that most .380's are pure blowback. In other words, they don't use the original Browning designed tilting barrel lockup like on the 1911 Colt Government model, which is what most larger semi-automatics have. An exception is the Israeli .50 Desert Eagle, which is also a blowback type. Maybe the other smaller Desert Eagles are also, but I haven't shot those.

I'm not an expert on these matters so if any of the more knowledgeable folk here need to correct anything I've said please feel free to do so.

Obviously, I'm not a firearms guy, I've just picked up a few over the years. :) I couldn't answer your question so I decided to try n make you laugh instead. I remember seeing a comedian talking about kids and their marching gun sound. Yep, he went into the audience and sticking the mic in peoples face he told them to make their machine gun sound. It was hilarious.

~ Chance

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Ahh. Well, I don't claim to be an expert but I do have the basics.

A friend who is fairly expert (and who taught me) said to just read Guns and Ammo magazine for a year, and you'd understand everything pretty well, because after a while the same things get repeated.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Ha! I guess that's all that matters. ;-)

My understating is that most .380's are pure blowback. In other words, they don't use the original Browning designed tilting barrel lockup like on the 1911 Colt Government model, which is what most larger semi-automatics have. An exception is the Israeli .50 Desert Eagle, which is also a blowback type. Maybe the other smaller Desert Eagles are also, but I haven't shot those.

I'm not an expert on these matters so if any of the more knowledgeable folk here need to correct anything I've said please feel free to do so.

A .50 Action Express in blowblack form would be horrific to shoot. No, just like the other larger variety Desert Eagles, the .50 uses a Gas operated rotating bolt to reduce the bite.

Ahh. Well, I don't claim to be an expert but I do have the basics.

A friend who is fairly expert (and who taught me) said to just read Guns and Ammo magazine for a year, and you'd understand everything pretty well, because after a while the same things get repeated.

I had to stop reading Guns n Ammo and Automotive Weekly. Both of them gave me the Gimme-Wants.

~ Chance :laughing:

I inherited the Virginian Dragoon .44 Magnum from my father. I've experienced its power for a total of five rounds and never felt the need to do so again. My friend fired it once and put it down, saying he was done. Then I discharged the remaining rounds. Done. Everybody at the indoor range backed out of their stall and L@@Ked to see what the hell was making all the noise.

The VOB Mag-Lite, on the other hand, became an instant favorite. 5,000 lumens of pure floody goodness.

~ Chance

7BEcezN.jpg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Nice combo! Maybe a good set of custom rubber grips for the revolver would help tame some of that beastliness.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Try some reduced 44 mag loads, or go with 44 Special ammo. Nice thump without the pain.

Bill

magellan

Honorary Aussie
A .50 Action Express in blowblack form would be horrific to shoot. No, just like the other larger variety Desert Eagles, the .50 uses a Gas operated rotating bolt to reduce the bite.

Very good. Also the .50 Desert Eagle was not that bad to shoot because it's so heavy that by itself compensates for much of the recoil.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I inherited the Virginian Dragoon .44 Magnum from my father. I've experienced its power for a total of five rounds and never felt the need to do so again. My friend fired it once and put it down, saying he was done. Then I discharged the remaining rounds. Done. Everybody at the indoor range backed out of their stall and L@@Ked to see what the hell was making all the noise.
I guess it's safe to say that you might not like the .454 Casull or S&W .460 then. They both make a .44 mag feel very soft by comparison.

One thing a lot of people do wrong when shooting a larger caliber handgun is to brace the arm too much, guaranteeing that all the recoil gets solidly transmitted back into the hand rather than having just the slightest bit of flex going on.

If you're willing to give it another try though, you may find better luck with a set of Hogues in place of those Pachmayr grips.

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Yeah, just looked up the Wiki article on the Casull as I didn't remember the exact numbers anymore, and it states the Casull has 5 times the recoil of the .45 Colt and 75% more than the .44 Magnum.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Yeah, just looked up the Wiki article on the Casull as I didn't remember the exact numbers anymore, and it states the Casull has 5 times the recoil of the .45 Colt and 75% more than the .44 Magnum.
...and the S&W .460 takes .45 Colt for a light load and .454 Casull for a medium load.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Me too! :eek:oo:

The biggest cal I've shot is my .357 mag...respectable, but a peashooter compared with the .454 Casull.

True. But still, nuthin' wrong with a good ol' .357 mag, especially loaded with some extra hot rounds.

I always liked the .41 mag as a compromise, but it never really caught on. A friend who knows a lot more than I says the 10 mm is comparable in power to the .41. The only 10 mm I've tried is the Glock, and actually it wasn't that bad to shoot. But it's definitely bulkier in the hand than the standard 9 mm. It might not work for women or men with smaller hands. My understanding is the now popular .40 cartridge was a cut down 10 mm because of the recoil of the 10 mm.

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
;-)

They are also probably the only CZ75 "clone" that is actually better than the CZ 75. That is just an amazing platform. Even some of the lesser clones are really good, just lacking any customer support if needed.
All of this talk about the Jericho without any pics...

ylGlgWr.jpg

There, fixed and under some nice 4000K high CRI light for you tint lovers😉.

Last edited:

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
All of this talk about the Jericho without any pics...

https://i.imgur.com/ylGlgWr.jpg

There, fixed and under some nice 4000K high CRI light for you tint lovers[emoji6].

Funny I have never noticed this thread before?
For starters bullets only as these are in my phone.
The pics suck but one is a 9mm long slide and the other 45acp
Best shooting guns I have probably!

32f47603ba64439325acbe89683118f5.jpg

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny I have never noticed this thread before?
For starters bullets only as these are in my phone.
The pics suck but one is a 9mm long slide and the other 45acp
Best shooting guns I have probably!

32f47603ba64439325acbe89683118f5.jpg

Nice, railless. What is the barrel length on the 45? Mine shoots great too and will definitely give my CZ75 SP01 Shadow a run for its money.