Flickr members

Saaby

Flashaholic
Here's Me.

Flickr does allow you very fine grained control over who can download high resolution images. You can restrict it to contacts, or even friends and/or family.

I leave most my pictures up for anybody to download, I even slap a creative commons license on there so people can. As a result of this, I am published. You can read a bit more at my blog: Open Source Art

LEDobsession

Enlightened
Here's Me.

Flickr does allow you very fine grained control over who can download high resolution images. You can restrict it to contacts, or even friends and/or family.

I leave most my pictures up for anybody to download, I even slap a creative commons license on there so people can. As a result of this, I am published. You can read a bit more at my blog: Open Source Art

I like your mission pics. I'm almost finished with my papers as we speak.

sigmo

Newly Enlightened
Direct linking photos hosted on Flickr.

I've had a pro account at Flickr for a long time. But only recently did I find out that you're not allowed to direct link any photos hosted there to anyplace (such as this forum) unless you include a direct link back to that photo's "photo page" on Flickr.

There's nothing to prevent you from doing it, but it's not allowed under their rules.

This came as a shock to me because I actually opened and maintained my Flickr account precisely so I COULD direct link photos into posts in various online forums (mostly photography forums).

Anyhow. I just thought I'd post a heads up about this.

Max_Power

Enlightened
My flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/31055544@N05/sets/

Flickr has made it a lot easier to post stuff... at the top left corner of the photo, there are 2 icons for facebook and twitter, and then there's a down-arrow. Click on the down-arrow and choose "Grab the HTML/BBCode, then below that click the BBCode button. You can choose the size too!

Union_Station_800x600 by A_Super_Guy, on Flickr

Last edited: