FM1909 replacement?

Databyter

Enlightened
The one in my light has lasted a supernatural amount of time.

Also, count me in as an incandescent guy, I go both ways though (only in regards to lights).

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are many real incan guys/gals.

We have formed an exclusive and secret organization to weed out the infidels. As such, whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.
Those who have reached the blissful state of Transcendental Incandescence do not need to post all the time, grasshopper.

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
Aah, but all transcendental considerations aside, we must post frequently, in order to appear numerous, and get more FM bulbs made! The squeaky wheel gets the oil.....

I'm afraid that at this point in my existence, I am still concerned with the accumulation of worldly goods.....

Last edited:

Nite

Enlightened
I would buy 5 or 10 of these 1909 if the 100 are made. I missed out, I only have two spares for two lights. Was planning on buying and building another FM1909 host using the Mag heads and C cell FM bodies.

wonderlite

Newly Enlightened
I would buy 5 or 10 of these 1909 if the 100 are made. I missed out, I only have two spares for two lights. Was planning on buying and building another FM1909 host using the Mag heads and C cell FM bodies.

Hey, that`s great.

Everybody wants some until it is time to put the money out.

I commissioned a private run of FM (CL) 1794`s and axials and still have some left.

These widely popular, extraordinary, bulbs were clamored for and produced out of pocket, BY ME, as a private run.

Based upon the feelers and the amount of response, such as I am reading, in this tread, they were produced without payment up front.

If anyone needs some of these little guys, please give a holler!

FiveMega Custom Bulbs: FM-1794 & Axial! AW Custom Soft Start Switches **Part 2**
Started by WonderLite, 06-11-2011 09:12 PM

Many thanks. WONDERLITE

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would have no problem putting my money up front.

I still have several left from last time around which are getting more valuable the longer these are out of production. :D

wonderlite

Newly Enlightened
I would have no problem putting my money up front.

I still have several left from last time around which are getting more valuable the longer these are out of production. :D

Colonel Sanders;

Understand. However, the $$ needed for future bulb project(s) are in this inventory of FM 1794 and axial bulbs
Dealing with the bulb manufacturers is not a pleasure and unreliable. Taking money on future goods is unpleasant because there is NO reliability on production dates/time and one ends up with a gaggle of people emailing incessantly, with righteous indignation, wanting to know, why, when where and how, because having prepaid gives one the right to do so.

Having said that, I will not revisit this quagmire, until the inventory is gone, if that ever happens.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Colonel Sanders;

Understand. However, the $$ needed for future bulb project(s) are in this inventory of FM 1794 and axial bulbs
Dealing with the bulb manufacturers is not a pleasure and unreliable. Taking money on future goods is unpleasant because there is NO reliability on production dates/time and one ends up with a gaggle of people emailing incessantly, with righteous indignation, wanting to know, why, when where and how, because having prepaid gives one the right to do so.

Having said that, I will not revisit this quagmire, until the inventory is gone, if that ever happens.

Totally understandable, wonderlite, and I agree it is a lot of hassle/risk for little benefit. I would NEVER recommend that anyone do a pre-payment project.

In any case, I wanted to again say thanks for how well you handled the whole thing, including those defective manufactured bulbs that had to be recalled and replaced through no fault of you or Nite. Please know that there are many of us who deeply appreciate what you both did and put at risk.

I'm sad to hear you still are stuck with unsold stock--especially knowing how well these bulbs perform. How many do you have left--and what are the prices now?

(Mods--if I am violating the Marketplace rules by asking, please feel free to delete/edit my questions--I just feel bad to see those two get stuck, given their noble efforts and contributions to the community)

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
I'd be all too happy to buy the bulbs that were available - save lots of hassle all around, but unfortunately the 1794 is too low a voltage, and the axial is rated at just over a third the power (and hence presumably a considerably lower lumen output) than the FM1909. The 1909 just happens to be exactly what I need - basically a WA1185 replacement, that can be pushed harder (and without the tendency for the legs to fracture the envelope leading to the bulb exploding..... :poof: ).