Found: a good looking high current cylindrical cell holder for charging/discharging

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found this online, and it's the sort of thing I've been looking for for ages, to hold various sizes of cylindrical cells while charging or discharging at various current rates, up to high current, for testing etc.
This has a 10A or a 5A version, and will hold all sorts of cylidrical cells up to 18650's. It looks to be reasonably robust.
I ordered a 10A version with slow shipping, so I'll report back on what it's like when I've received it and tested it out a bit.
But here are some pictures, and the link: (obviously I have no affiliation with whoever is making or selling this. It's just an item of interest, which I think others on this forum would also be interested in.)
EDIT: Deleted link to online store where I found it. I suggest going to the Fasttech website instead and searching "BF-1" or "battery holder for 18650". Free shipping that way! Thanks for the tip, HKJ!

T1Wb.nFu0bXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg

T2Xgs2XvVaXXXXXXXX_!!11346612.jpg

T2cUZ2XwFaXXXXXXXX_!!11346612.jpg

T2R239XrpXXXXXXXXX_!!11346612.jpg

TB2R5BqcpXXXXc7XXXXXXXXXXXX_!!11346612.jpg

TB2w68ncpXXXXbJXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!11346612.jpg

Last edited:

SemiMan

Banned
It's an interesting design. Does it ship as a kit?

The base price seams reasonable, but they are gouging on the shipping, likely where they are making most of the profit.

HKJ

Flashaholic
They have been on the market for some time, I often uses them for my testing.
You can get them from fasttech, the have sku: 1883214
You can get assembled versions with banaplugs or DIY kits.

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
They have been on the market for some time, I often uses them for my testing.
You can get them from fasttech, the have sku: 1883214
You can get assembled versions with banaplugs or DIY kits.

Cheers HKJ. I use fasttech a bit, I didn't realise I could get this same item from them. They do free shipping worldwide too, so it would have been a better option. Do they also have the 5A and the 10A variants? I got the 10A version.

It's an interesting design. Does it ship as a kit?

The base price seams reasonable, but they are gouging on the shipping, likely where they are making most of the profit.

Yeah, you can get it in all the flat packed parts, which you assemble. Or for a couple of bucks you can get it pre-assembled with what looks like some good quality silicone leads at each end, and for another couple of bucks you can get it assembled, with the leads, and with banana plugs. I'd be happy to assemble it myself, but for the convenience, I just ordered assembled with the leads and banana plugs.

Yeah, shame about the shipping cost. I should have ordered a couple of them at the same time.

Wow, I feel dumb now, having seen the same item at Fasttech for pretty much the same price but free shipping. I'm not too sure if it's the 5A or the 10A version at Fasttech, though.

Last edited:

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting, I personally use a clamp I made for myself. Would be nice i f they had a higher current version for up to 30A. Guess I'll stick with my home made clamp for now.