• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

FourSevens Goliath V2 - Best 123 Thrower

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will these run on lower outputs with a CR123A? I'm looking for a compact primary light. I have a ton of cr123s I need to use

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Will these run on lower outputs with a CR123A? I'm looking for a compact primary light. I have a ton of cr123s I need to use

CR123A should run but it's very low. This light is a monster 16340 thrower....

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Little David has joined :)
SST40 SD 5500K = 1200L, 12Kcd, 219m

nQ7gLz0.jpg

AXW8zZR.jpg

6xtnLzj.jpg

2osN7jk.jpg

Patriot

Flashaholic
Waiting to finish Goliath so I can take both out for side by side beam shots. Almost a sin to have one and not the other ahhahaha

Once again, that W1 is looking strong with 1/2 the lumens of the SST-40 but nearly 4x the throw. These flat whites have sure been fun!

How long does it maintain 1k+ lumens in that tiny body?

Also, have you considered modding the Folomov EDC C2? It's in the same size class as David, and very budget friendly. A quick LED swap May provide an affordable $60 option for those wanting a 47s David VN but can't drop twice as much $.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
I'm guessing that with a good cell, it would maintain solid output for a reasonable amount of time. The SST40 isn't pulling a ton of current at that output but still, the gas tank of the 16340 isn't very big.

It sure is a neat looking little light!

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Waiting to finish Goliath so I can take both out for side by side beam shots. Almost a sin to have one and not the other ahhahaha

Oh, are you talking about finishing a SST40 Goliath... ??? That could be interesting. I'll guess 20kcd from Goliath with SST40.

Patriot

Flashaholic
If I was looking for a pocket thrower, smaller than the TX25Cvn W1, is this the next step or is there something in between that I'm not thinking of?

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
anytime p

it seems like a solid little light, I've been looking at the quark qk2a for awhile

pretty sure it's my next bite, I love the fact the include the tail stand cap, giving you the option to decide.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Patriot

Flashaholic
I was just sitting here daydreaming about the day when battery technology advances to the point that we can order a Goliath V2 with SBT90! :grin2:

Edit: ...I know, I know.. LED's will be different by then too, not to mention the issue of being able to fit the board in a light that size. Fun to dream about nonetheless. :drool:

Last edited: