• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

TheFraz

Enlightened
I hope the design and designer have survived the pestilence, panic and politics of this year. :popcorn:

Good job nightshade, I have been missing updates on these very interesting lights

I'm still here :thumbsup:. But like many others I haven't been able to get to the shop to machine parts in almost 2 months. I've been concentrating on the design in the meantime - and I do need to update this thread more often. We plan on getting back to the shop within the next 2 weeks. I thank you guys so much for continuing to follow this thread - we'll be back up very soon.

Thanks again,
-Fraz

lightknot

Flashlight Enthusiast
TheFraz I would like one of these: Lumenite, 26350 battery. XP-L 5000K. Please advise on payment. Thank you.
Also, your PM inbox is full and can accept no further messages until you clear some space. Thank you!

Last edited:

nightshade

Enlightened
I'm still here :thumbsup:. But like many others I haven't been able to get to the shop to machine parts in almost 2 months. I've been concentrating on the design in the meantime - and I do need to update this thread more often. We plan on getting back to the shop within the next 2 weeks. I thank you guys so much for continuing to follow this thread - we'll be back up very soon.

Thanks again,
-Fraz

Hope you and yours are well, I was just checking in. The more revisions you make, the more impressed I am. Stay well.

Bravo30

Newly Enlightened
I would like to be added to the list for a Big Nugget 18650. Let me know what I need to do as far as payment etc.

thanks!

TheFraz

Enlightened
TheFraz I would like one of these: Lumenite, 26350 battery. XP-L 5000K. Please advise on payment. Thank you.
Also, your PM inbox is full and can accept no further messages until you clear some space. Thank you!

I am updating the design for the 26350 to be wireless like the Tiny Nugget. I got pushed back a little bit by the current situation, but it should be good to go after I am able to properly machine one and test it (I have updated the CAD/CAM files, I just haven't been able to machine one yet). I'll make some room in my mailbox and PM you about payment info and status. Thanks :)

Hope you and yours are well, I was just checking in. The more revisions you make, the more impressed I am. Stay well.

Thank you very much. Means a lot - it's been a bit tougher the last couple months, but we'll get the machine started back up. I hope you and yours are doing well as well.

I would like to be added to the list for a Big Nugget 18650. Let me know what I need to do as far as payment etc.

thanks!

Will do! Thanks for following :)

I would also like to be added to the list for an 18650 please

:thumbsup:

any details on the 18650 please ?

There will be a couple options based on 18650 design. The Tiny Nugget head will work for 18350 or 18650 batteries - just different tubes. I will be able to update the thread soon. I am working on getting back to the shop ASAP (hopefully the beginning of June).

Thanks guys,
-Fraz

TheFraz

Enlightened
Finally back to the shop! :twothumbs

Got a chance to convert the Lumenite to the wireless design and give it a much easier user interface to the internals. It is also smaller now - with a smaller overall diameter than the original frazlite 26650 and a muuuuch bigger and more effective optic. Also more ops have been converted to the mill (experimenting with better grip options and better production quality).

Very good to be back and I'll get as much done as I can over the next few days. Pics below. (The pic with the new Lumenite 21700 is in my girlfriend's hand, so the light isn't TK70ish as it looks). These are prototypes that are still raw aluminum fresh off the machine today.

rcJTh4g.jpg

vfdhSKC.jpg

IF3ZQao.jpg

I'll be back soon.

Thanks,
Fraz

Zandar

Enlightened
Excellent progress in a revolutionary design. I carry my Lumenite 21700 to work each day and still flawless operation!

Last edited:

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
what are the LED choices in these lights ?
how do I get on a 21700 List Please?

much kind thanks and appreciation of all your great work

Last edited:

TheFraz

Enlightened
what are the LED choices in these lights ?
how do I get on a 21700 List Please?

much kind thanks and appreciation of all your great work

Thank you and I will write you down on the list. I have SST 20s, CREE XP-Ls and XM-L2s currently. But it will work with any LED in the proper (3.7ish) forward voltage range.

lightknot

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am updating the design for the 26350 to be wireless like the Tiny Nugget. I got pushed back a little bit by the current situation, but it should be good to go after I am able to properly machine one and test it (I have updated the CAD/CAM files, I just haven't been able to machine one yet). I'll make some room in my mailbox and PM you about payment info and status. Thanks :)
Thanks guys,
-Fraz

I am still trying to buy one of these, and haven't received any communications and haven't been added to the list. PLEASE send payment info. - Jeff

Latest posts