• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Aura Ti AA/14500, Clicky AA with trits and glow.

gonefishing

Enlightened
Imagine there is not cigar grip, and instead, the tail was tapped for a clip. Would make a nice accessory for this light - a tail that is tapped for a clip so that you could swap around.

A McGizmo clip would work nicely.

eala

Would be an EXCELLENT option!

apisdorf

Newly Enlightened
I would be interested in getting a holster/sheath for this beauty. Ideas would be welcome.

Also, here is what I came up with for the trits:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0fzbrxm6bzqq2cf/Photo Feb 13, 12 34 43 PM.jpg?dl=0

Photo%20Feb%2013%2C%2012%2034%2043%20PM.jpg

Jordan

Last edited:

phosphor22

Enlightened
Gotta say - I love the Tain Aura! Beautiful; the cigar grip flares out just the right amount (IMHO); the switch is very quiet; and indeed, with the concentration of this many trits in a relatively small form factor, it does emit a visible 'aura' :eek:oo:

OneBigDay

Enlightened
Quick question ... what is the battery orientation on these, and does the driver have polarity protection ?

+1 Was thinking about that too. I was checking what's loaded in my Piccolo this morning and always think about the "reversed" battery. I've never put in a cell the wrong way, but don't remember if anything would happen if I did :thinking:

Also I was wondering if anyone knows from the specs in OP, it appears that using Eneloop (1.2v) or Li-Ion (4.2v) would have no difference in output, right? Looks like the driver will buck the extra voltage, but there would be no reason to use li-ion with this unless that is all you had available. Am I understanding that correctly?

Thanks!

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Battery orientation is normal. No difference between nickel metal hydride and lithium ion cells in output. Not scientific but the cri is excellent.

Eala

Tain

Enlightened
Quick question ... what is the battery orientation on these, and does the driver have polarity protection ?

No reverse polarity protect.

Hello what CRI is the nichia 4000k?.
thanks.

92+CRI

+1 Was thinking about that too. I was checking what's loaded in my Piccolo this morning and always think about the "reversed" battery. I've never put in a cell the wrong way, but don't remember if anything would happen if I did :thinking:

Also I was wondering if anyone knows from the specs in OP, it appears that using Eneloop (1.2v) or Li-Ion (4.2v) would have no difference in output, right? Looks like the driver will buck the extra voltage, but there would be no reason to use li-ion with this unless that is all you had available. Am I understanding that correctly?

Thanks!

Always put negative end of the battery towards the contact spring of the light.

JohnF

Enlightened
Tain, I palpal'd an extra $25.50 for 6 button trits instead of 3. Just so there is no confusion, I'd like:
XPG2 NW emitter
alternating blue / ice blue on the body (total 12)
purple bottom / green top on the switch (total 6)

Thanks