• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Azco Ti 16340

YummyBacon!

Enlightened
I like the OR clip on your Azco-nice improvement over stock.
Thought you guys would enjoy this photo i took of my Azco with some other high end lights? to show its relative size:

df43e9427199a0d503776973b7d9be5d.jpg

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one on the way. If I ever wanted to change clips, what size/type driver is needed please?

I just got mine in today and have removed the clip for trit installation later tonight. My 1.5mm hex fit very nicely, no slipping or rounding or any other issues with removal.

Since I'm here, here's a couple of gratuitous photo of my un-adorned light. It'll only look like this for a few more hours:
YnFfSDV.jpg

7LJBZKj.jpg

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
To the people that got the Azco, could you tell if the body can accept a 18350 battery?

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
To the people that got the Azco, could you tell if the body can accept a 18350 battery?

I don't have this light (unfortunately) but I'm pretty sure the answer is no. The 18350 is considerably larger than the 16340 so I don't see how it would be possible.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, the answer is definitely no. This is a CR123/16340 light. 18350s are not an option.

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Ryan,

As wimmer has pointed out... No, it will not fit an 18350. From what I can tell, it will not be possible to bore out the body either. :)

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to know. There's a lot of lights out meant for 16340 but an 18350 can fit.

Jon, I wouldn't count on the body not having enough material for boring. Barry of precision works was able to bore out a McGizmo 1x123 pak even though for years and years no said it could be done :)

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to know. There's a lot of lights out meant for 16340 but an 18350 can fit.

Jon, I wouldn't count on the body not having enough material for boring. Barry of precision works was able to bore out a McGizmo 1x123 pak even though for years and years no said it could be done :)

I would, in this case. I got out my calipers:

• OD of my 18350 cells = ~18.3mm (varies, but this is average)
  • ID of Azco = 16.94 mm
  • OD of Azco = 19.13 mm (at the highest point. I have no way to measure knurl depth)
  • ID of 18350-spec lights = 18.8mm (my Boss 35, if it matters)

That means my Azco has a 1.095 mm wall (probably 1mm spec). From that you'd need to remove 0.93mm of material to meet the spec of a factory 18350 light, leaving nothing. Obviously that's not going to happen, but even if you machine it short so that it barely fits the measured cell, say 0.7mm off each side, that only leaves a 0.3mm wall for the entire light and may or may not fit most 18350 cells, still not accounting for that deep knurl.

• OD of McGizmo = 20.00 mm (at the lowest point, not up on the acme rings)

So there's almost 0.45mm less material to work with in each wall of the Azco. That's a pretty big difference. I don't see it happening. But then I'm not a machinist, so I welcome someone to do it and prove me wrong :)

EDIT: Looking at my own pic blown up on this post, I see now that the Azco has a thinner "collar" right before the knurling starts. I didn't measure right there, but it would make the difference even greater. So if anything my numbers above are too high and the wall thickness would be even less.

Bonus pic that may or may not help illustrate my point:
di9FR6u.jpg

Last edited:

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice, that's what I wanted to see! The numbers don't lie and you're the first to have measured it. Thanks for doing it, it really helped painting a picture of what there is to work with