• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Very limited Extreme III with R2 XRE.

dtsoll

Enlightened
One other question. Does the version with the rebel emitter possess any qualitys that would be missing in the R2? ie. longer runtime or etc.? Thanks, asking just cause i don't know. Doug:)

wbp

Enlightened
:paypal: for 1.

Would prefer ability to use 10440 if you have one that has the right VF.
William

Last edited:

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
dtsoll: Both the Rebel and Cree R2 in brightness versions are pretty much the same except that the Cree version is a tad brighter and when set to P2 in strobe mode, turning the head to P1 will go into a beacon mode in which the light blinks quicky three times, stops for a second and starts over. This mode is only available in the Cree R2 limited version.

ARC mania

wbp

Enlightened
Got it today, thanks!

Measurements, with a 10440 340ma Li-ion:

At 15% - 19.6 lumens
at 50% - 80.4 lumens
at 100% - 175 lumens !!! (a new record for an AAA light)

Color temp at 50% is 6502K, coordinates 0.313, 0.324 (CIE 1931), just 0.005 down from a perfect D65.

At 15% and 50%, this is one of two flashlights I've ever measured with absolutely stable and consistent output - rock solid for as long as I cared to measure it. The only other light I've measured that is this stable is my Milkyspit Creemator. Amazing.

At 100% the output drops slowly as the cell voltage drops, as expected. When I get some time I'll try setting it for 120 or 150 lumens output and see what happens; I expect as long as the cell is above the needed voltage I'll see the same stability.

edit: set it for 68%, 120 lumens. It's as stable as the proverbial rock.

This one is a keeper!

William

Last edited:

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Will for all the tests and work. Did it take long? I knew you would like it, they are my babies. Shrinking the converter and getting the perfect emitters was not easy but the combination is dynamite. They seem to be popular, my bin is almost empty.

ARC mania

wbp

Enlightened
ARC mania,

My setup is fairly simple, so the testing only takes a few minutes. I have both 6" and 10" spheres, and a variety of instruments, the most accurate being a brand new Orb Optronix SP-100.

Your efforts are appreciated! Once I get a couple of tritium locators installed on the tail, this light will replace my tweaked out L0D as my EDC.

I have to admit, it took a bit to get the hang of the UI, but I've got it down now. After getting used to the UI with this light, I went back to an LF4 I have that never worked, and managed to figure out what was wrong with it. (the center contact in the switch was dirty)

I find the regulation to be the most impressive thing about this light. Most lights drift slowly downward over time as the battery charge drops. This one just sits there, flat lined, for as long as the battery can keep up. Amazing to watch. I've spent considerable time in circuit design (non-flashlight) and can appreciate a little of what it takes to do that.

Now I see why used "ARC mania" lights go for the prices they do. This particular flashlight will never be seen in the Marketplace!

William

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
Many thanks Will. Would you post a picture of your light after you install the tritium locator? I would appreciate it a lot.

openbolt1: Responded to PM, thank you.

ARC mania

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
wolverine1: Please resend e-mail. Thank you.

dbrad: No worries, there are still a few of the Ex III with high VF left.

Since there are a few of the Extreme III's left with the higher VF Cree LED's, please specify this if you plan on running a lithium ion AAA battery.

ARC mania

Last edited:

veleno

Enlightened
Some pics. :)

Energizer E2 lithium for the Extreme and Surefire CR123A for the other flashlights.

Last edited:

Latest posts