• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Very limited Extreme III with R2 XRE.

wbp

Enlightened
PM sent - I need a second one now for a friend!
William

dbrad

Newly Enlightened
Received mine today. Very solid and bright. Getting used to the UI. I can tell already that the runtimes are exceptional for the amount of lumens at each level. Very pleased.

wbp

Enlightened
Many thanks Will. Would you post a picture of your light after you install the tritium locator? I would appreciate it a lot.

Your wish is my command, oh master:

moz-screenshot.jpg
IMG_1096cr1.jpg

and

IMG_1097cr1.jpg

(I did not take the time to color balance; color shift is due to halogen lighting)

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, thanks for remembering. I think you did a great job- those markers should help find it. Are they bright? Is the mount epoxy? Thanks for the pictures.

ARC mania

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which clip is that?

BTW, how thick is the rear wall of the light?
Is there enough material there to mill a half-depth slot for a trit?

wbp

Enlightened
I use 5 minute epoxy. I make a small batch, dip the trits just enough to hold them in place, position them, and let it set up. The make a second batch and carefully add enough to just cover the trits. Holds them in place and protects them.

They are bright enough to easily find the light at night. These are the ones Merkava sells that come in the plastic button. fwiw - it seems to me that the pair is brighter than what I'd expect, wondering if the radiation is increased by putting them that close together - does that make sense?

The clip is from a Fenix L0D.

Surprised no one asked about the "stand" I used for the photos (it's a Lummi Raw Ti in the case, w/ tritium locators).

William

Last edited:

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing else uses the long vials, so i thought it was a Raw in something, just didn't know it was the case :D

@ARC mania
What's the serial no. range for this batch of Extreme III's?

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
There were only 48 units made of the Extreme III with R2 XRE. The numbers range from #001 to #049. Half of these were sold off at another flashlight forum and the remainder here at CPF.

ARC mania

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
zumac99: PM answered.

I have three units left over from the previous limited run, labelled as "MJP GT LE" which have the early 90 lumen Rebel LED without the holes in the phosphor that has pure white tint (cool white) and extremely low VF. These Extreme III's were made in very limited numbers of only 28pcs due to the difficulty obtaining the select Rebel LED's with the low VF. This run ws made with efficiency in mind and can only use AAA alkaline, NiMH or Energizer Lithiums. Functions are the same as the R2 version. If there is any interest in these, I will let them go for $120.00 each shipped via express which also includes the lantern head, o-rings and a small container of lube. Here are the three units with the serial number and LED VF:

#013 - VF = 3.0 volts at 350ma
#004 - VF = 3.0 volts at 350ma
#022 - VF = 2.98 volts at 350ma (un-heard of low VF)

If interested, send me a PM.

ARC mania

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally had the chance to try out my Extreme III with a Li-Ion 10440...

I'm not so sure about those 170 lumens Will measured (either mine's got a much higher Vf or there's something wrong with my eyes or with his measurements), but it's still INSANELY bright for an AAA light:

3022820618_ecf8697f77_o.jpg

Edit: Sorry for the beamshot uglyness, these were just a quicky snap. I'll do some proper ones when i catch some free time.

Last edited:

zumac99

Newly Enlightened
I'm planning on upgrading the LED to a warm white in the future with possibly lower VF than the original, will the swap work without any bad side effect?

wbp

Enlightened
I'm not so sure about those 170 lumens Will measured (either mine's got a much higher Vf or there's something wrong with my eyes or with his measurements), but it's still INSANELY bright for an AAA light:

Lumens is a measurement of total output, it doesn't tell us how bright the spot is. The beam pattern is very different between the Extreme III and the D10.

(I'm assuming you cranked the ARC up to full output, you didn't say in your post)