• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Vintage Ray-O-Vac XM-L U2 Mod (1000 Lumen)

jayrob

Enlightened
I'll send you a PM... :D

Edit: It looks like you need to clear out some messages before I can send.

There are options for the build as shown in the first post. Or if you want to let me know your email, I'll message you there...

Hi Jayrob,

Received my light two days ago but I've been working nights so I couldn't post. The light arrived in perfect condition and much sooner than I expected, thanks!

I'm a police officer working the 8PM to 8AM shift so I guess I have the ideal job for testing flashlights. I use a Thrunight Catapult as a primary light. It produces a fairly massive wall of light and your build produces just as much light but in a smaller package with a better driver. And its just so pretty. In fact, I'm afraid to dent it or scratch it.

I've received numerous comments from co-workers like "hey, I had one these when I was a kid" or "that's the coolest flashlight I've ever seen" or "wow, that's bright!"

Thanks again for the very fast shipping and the out-of-this-world cool factor!

Gordon

Great to hear it! :)

Adding to my feed back list...

Thanks for posting!
beer.gif

Last edited:

jayrob

Enlightened
The beam shots are with my personal build using the smooth reflector. I like the smooth better because it has a tad better throw. Although they are close, and the MOP reflector still has a ton of throw, but seems more of a diffused spot to my eye...

Hope to hear from you soon!

The light arrived yesterday.
Very great . Thanks

Best regards O.R

Glad you like it! :)

Thanks for posting back... :thanks:

Last edited:

ledplumber

Newly Enlightened
Hello, could you please let me know the total price with oring, battery, charger, and shipping to Canada?

ledplumber

Newly Enlightened
Just when I thought I dont need any more cool flashlights I drop in on cpf for a look... and I find something like this! Paypal sent jayrob! It has been a pleasure doing business here and checking out your stuff. Also, thanks for your patience.

Halibut

Enlightened
OMG. Yes.

:paypal:

Build +

* MOP
* Custom glow ring - $15
* Feilong 6000mAh 32650 cell - $27.50
* Shipping (U.S.) - $21 (based on PayPal fees plus postage)

Mooreshire

Newly Enlightened
I already own a 1974 model, and already have drivers and diodes and a battery charger. I'd like the experience of wiring it all up myself.

So, I'm wondering... would you could you sell me just the heatsink, glass lens, o-ring (non glow), a pair of batteries, and reflectors (one of each)?

Last edited:

jayrob

Enlightened
I already own a 1974 model, and already have drivers and diodes and a battery charger. I'd like the experience of wiring it all up myself.

So, I'm wondering... would you could you sell me just the heatsink, glass lens, o-ring (non glow), a pair of batteries, and reflectors (one of each)?

Yes I can take care of you for just parts if you want to send me a PM...

But take a look at the pictures and details of the build in the first post.

My design is using a heavy spring to press the heatsink, up into the reflector. The base of the spring sits on the top of the plug that is glued into the center of the host. Which also makes it into a single cell build.

So the length and position of that glued in plug is key to the build...

Halibut

Enlightened
Received my Ray-O-Vac mod today. FANTASTIC job. Fit and finish are superb, and the light simply looks awesome, in that special old-timey way. Thanks again for the quick turnaround and customizations!

-Dan

Raze

Enlightened
Awesome build!

Are you able to make this light run on 18650? I am aware that run times will be significantly less, but I have little experience with 32650 cells.

jayrob

Enlightened

kcorley

Newly Enlightened
I need to know how to order a flashlight for my son for Christmas. He has already picked out the D-size Mag. Please contact me.