• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS:XM-L2 Shorty C/D Maglites NOW--> 950+ OTF lumens!!

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Shorty C/D 26650 Maglites + XML and more.

The extra length will not be much probly like 3/8" , just enough to let the threads of the tail cap clear the bottom of the battery.

PM sent.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Shorty C/D 26650 M*glites + XML and more.

Hello everyone and greetings from Finland, Europe!

Look what you made me do vestureofblood: because of you (and your mods!) I finally registered to this forum. I've been following these interesting conversations for years now @ this marvelous site - and now I just got to have one of those "stubbies"! First of all, I have to admit it: I have a kind of fetish regarding flashlights; I always buy them (way too often, I might add...), and I just can't stop. It's a problem, a bad habbit, clearly. But please, don't tell my wife! :sssh: :D Especially MagLites. It has a pretty long history, has always looked so cool (in my opinion at least), been used by the professionals all-around the world... I really don't know what else to say, but there's something very special in every single MagLite type and mod. I have to buy'em all, eventually... :shakehead

PS. Please accept my apologies for my bad English, I haven't used it for a while - but I'm trying!

Hi BeaconHunter,

I only just now noticed your post. I think maybe you were typing while I was replying to the thread LOL!

In any case WELCOME TO CPF!!

No worries about your English your probly doing better than some of us born in the US :)

I am so glad you could come and join us for one of the best hobbies on earth.

Stress

Newly Enlightened

Hello vestureofblood:

Can you make one of these hosts in a length for 4 26650 cells?

Thank you,
Thomas

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Thomas,

Are you wanting a C or D size? Do you want the host only or are you interested in a complete light?

Stress

Newly Enlightened

Hi Thomas,

Are you wanting a C or D size? Do you want the host only or are you interested in a complete light?

Hi Vestureofblood

I was thinking D size host only with tail cap mod and sleeve. This would be used with one of Der Wichtel's triple xml dropins. I'm a newbie at this so feel free to make suggestions.

Thank you,
Thomas

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Thomas,

I can make the host as you requested. I have never had one of the DW dropins before but I think those have to be hard wired in, is that something you can do yourself?

Stress

Newly Enlightened

Hi Thomas,

I can make the host as you requested. I have never had one of the DW dropins before but I think those have to be hard wired in, is that something you can do yourself?

I shouldn't have a problem doing the soldering and momentary switch. Looks like 4X26650's should be about 1.25 inches longer than 4XD size batteries, but some (or all?) of this additional length should be accommodated by your tail cap modification.

I'll also take one of your D size tail cap switches as well if I could please. This is for another project provided I find some free time. Oh, and black on the host and switch please. Let me know how much and I will send you a paypal.

Thank you again,
Thomas

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Thomas,

For the 4D mag with sleeve tail cap mod shipping etc will be $59
And the tailcap with the switch is $35

Thanks

JeffN

Enlightened

I took delivery yesterday of a second light from Matt and like the first one, the workmanship is first rate. His new UI is the best I've used since the D2DIMM in Mr. Bulk's lights, and Matt's UI offers more options.

This light's design shows a lot of forethought on Matt's part and demonstrates his ability to build more complex M@g mods with multiple emitters -- always nice to have someone around CPF who can do that to the classic M@g platform. Thanks Matt -- keep up the great work!

Cooper_GTI

Newly Enlightened

I received my light yestersay, which wasn't bad going, being as i'm based in the UK. It took around 2-3 weeks and arrived in tip top condition and was well packaged.

The light itself is brilliant - well thought out and my requests were all incorporated to make it ideal for my needs!

It out-throws any other XML based light i have and has a nice tight beam thanks to the rebel reflector, although it offers plenty of useable spill.

Thumbs up for some great work!

ToyTank

Enlightened

Hey Vestureofblood.

I'm still enjoying my m@g mod.

I was just wondering what you did with the cut-off tube? There may be some interest in extension tubes. I'd probably like one so I could go from 26650 to 3D easily.

Thanks again for the fine light. Take care.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Tank,

I recently took all the cut offs I had and made extensions which I sold as a bulk lot. If I end up with a chunk long enough to make the extension you want I will let you know. Remind me what color your host is?

ToyTank

Enlightened

Hey Tank,

I recently took all the cut offs I had and made extensions which I sold as a bulk lot. If I end up with a chunk long enough to make the extension you want I will let you know. Remind me what color your host is?

It is blue-I could probably live with mismatched colors, I'd only be using 3D as a back-up for camping and hunting camp.

Would a 4D host leave enough tube? I have been thinking of getting another shorty anyway maybe I could have you make both out of the same host. I was kinda waiting for the XM-L2 but I'm not sure when they will be widely available.

Last edited: