GET-TOGETHER - FCW-14 / FSM-2 - NJ, NY, CT, PA area - 9-8-18 to 9-11-18

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice post Dizzy :) Glad to hear Dan enjoyed to Aeropress coffee. Karl certainly is a great writer, and has a "radio voice" to boot!

The "The Tarp of Life", as Bimmerboy coined, will live to see another event. It spent a few days at the Thomas Jefferson Court Rehab Center, for creosote addiction, and time to heal a six inch stab wound.

Kathy and I are ready for another FCW, rain or shine! Would love to explore the park in more favorable weather conditions.

Thanks again Tim, for planning the event, and pointing me to the FCW thread.

@Stan the AWESOME camping man, yall need to roll to Wisconsin for some camping fun! You, Robyn and Gaby are ONE CRAZY FUN group!

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oooooo! Mom is gonna beat your a$$!!!!
:crackup:

Fortunately, it'll have to be with a shorter spoon!

He shore do deserve it!! Never catch him in his Bimmer though! VaRoooooom!
It certainly is an effective means of escaping the fury of a woman scorned! BTW... I broke the news, and luckily, Mom has a list of other things to beat me over first. The potential need to burn rubber is always looming!

Thank you VERY much for taking a look around camp, and asking the office to contact you just in case. Above and beyond. At the very least, I owe you some fried eggs cooked on a flashlight!

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
"....fried eggs cooked on a flashlight!" I cook but THAT I've NEVER had!! I'd give it a whirl though!

There's always a chance Rocky Raccoon will 'fess up" and relinquish the evidence to the Park Rangers....stranger things have happened....haven't they? :shrug:

Karl

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Karl - A flashlight-cooked egg test may happen this coming week. I had charged up my IMR's to show off Beelzebulb at camp, but since that didn't happen a little voltage needs to be drained off before putting them back into storage.

With some non-stick spray, and 160+ Watts of 4D Mag, I think it'll work. Part of the test is to eat the final result (the egg, not the flashlight). There will be video.

Tim - Hard to believe it's been almost two weeks. I don't think a day has yet gone by where I didn't wish to be back camping with a fun bunch of flashaholics. Thanks again, and seriously looking forward to the next FCW.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone! Time for another get together!!! Save the date: October 4th, 5th, 6th. Stay tuned, I will be creating a new post for FCW-15 / FSM-3 very soon. --Tim

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
For anyone thinking about bringing a pet - I just checked on the Spruce Run website and found this:

Are pets allowed? Yes, on a leash no longer than 6 feet. Not in campgrounds or on beach.

carrot

Flashaholic
Wow I totally forgot to respond. Sorry, but can't wait to see y'all again!

Me +3

Ziptrickhead also expressed interest in coming but is not sure yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk