Gift flashlight for my lovely bride

Al Thumbs

Newly Enlightened
And the winner is…

Thanks so much for all the replies. I checked out all suggestions, and learned quite a bit about flashlights from your suggestions (there are Quad A cells!). I was ready to go with my original pick, the Fenix E01 in purple. That light was suggested a couple of time with some practical advice (anything trickier would likely be lost on the wife, or she'd lose it and feel bad). But finally I selected the Fenix E05 for $22, twice as much, but brighter, actually slightly smaller, and still inexpensive enough that if it's lost it's not a big deal. It comes in purple, which she will like. And it was readily available to toss into an Amazon order.

Again, thanks for your generous input.

Al Thumbs

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did someone already propose Preon P1? It's pink, can have clicky, ..
single brightness level? .. hard to find in today's power LED flashlights.

the E01 isnt bright enough and lacks a clikcy

Al Thumbs

Newly Enlightened
Please explain the "can have clicky" part. I looked this light up on foursevens.com. It seems that the P1 (single AAA) is a twisty, but the P2 (double AAA) has a clicky. Does one mix and match?

Thanks
Al T.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please explain the "can have clicky" part. I looked this light up on foursevens.com. It seems that the P1 (single AAA) is a twisty, but the P2 (double AAA) has a clicky. Does one mix and match?

Thanks
Al T.
sorry, i thought that "everbody" already knows that most 4sevens lights and parts are interchangeable (lego-ability). authorized 4sevens dealers such as EnvironmentalLED . com sell the spare clickies for ~9$ apiece or less (see cpf discount code). it will turn your Preon p1 twisty (original config) to a P1 with a clicky.

problem, you gotta pay the 9$ extra!!
ahhh.gif

lightjunction

Newly Enlightened
JETBeam E3S R4 Stainless Steel is pretty cool light, cept it does have two holes on the tail end to install a clip that I don't think it was ever made, but not sure about that!

I agree. The E3S is beautiful and elegant. I say go 'classy' ...the website even shows a lady wearing it as jewelry!

Al Thumbs

Newly Enlightened
UPDATE: I bought the Fenix E05, and it has been given. The Bride liked it very much and it has gone into her EDC handbag. Time will tell if it gets any use.

I was amazed at how small it seemed, and how much light it put out. The twisty interface is not the inconvenience I had imagined. The color temperature is cooler than my Zebralight neutral, but is still not offensively cold. And it's sort of floody– not a clearly-defined hotspot. Might have to get one for myself…

Again, thanks to all for the insights and education on small lights.

Al T.