GMC 3MCP Twin Spotlight

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are Pulse Width Modulation halogen headlight voltage boosters being sold in countries that have cracked down on illegal HID conversions but the problem I see with these units is that they are only designed to overdrive a regular 12V 55 watt bulb up to about 75-80 watts or so.
They wouldn't work for your application because they just can't handle the current your bulbs would be drawing when you overdrive them to 200 watts each.
I doubt they would fit inside your spotlight housing.

A single switch, a charging plug, and 3 smallish high current cells that you know will fit inside your spotlight will get the job done with the fewest hassles.

I'm a real fan of the K.I.S.S. modding method and batteries and a switch is about as K.I.S.S. as it gets.

Isthereanybodyoutthere

Newly Enlightened
Hmm how about leaving one bulp stock
And the other converted to hid ,,maybe a 55wat :rolleyes:or more
then you would have the stock for instant light(no warm up)
And the HID for longer run time

the original batteries could be used and a slim ballast wouldnt look bad on the outside , if inside wasnt possible

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
As much as the overdriven incan idea interests me, I'd really love to make this thing HID.

A friend of mine has said he could fabricate a new base that could accommodate a larger 12V SLA, leaving the top completely free for ballasts.

I'm torn....

Latest posts