Goncz Hi-Tech M-7

Status
Not open for further replies.

camisdad

Newly Enlightened
Hi all -

imagine this situation. You are manufacturing a brand new line of very high end lights. You find out about the best community of users of such lights. You then proceed to insult as many of its respected members as you can in an unpleasant and sexist manner. If someone asks difficult questions you tell him that you are forbidding him to buy your product. When a couple of expert light users and valued members of the community decide to give your lights a public test to prove your product validity, you immediately impugn their motives and methodology.

Now let me ask you - how likely are you to be a business success in your new venture?

Of course, this is all hypothetical - right?

Best - camisdad

PS - some people must get a thrill out of insulting potential customers in their target market- that's my only explanation... Oh oh no, I got it - it's a macho thing to prove yourself that you can succeed in business without any customers. OK, how about this one: you try to prove that your manners are even worse than your spelling - did I guess right?

PPS: funny how, out of all the people in this forum, he picked for his dealer the only user I have ever found on this forum to publicly question another member's honesty. Maybe a contagious rudeness virus?

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by camisdad:
Oh oh no, I got it - it's a macho thing to prove yourself that you can succeed in business without any customers.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You have to admit, that would be quite an accomplishment. Think I'll help, too. This is America after all. Don't want to hold anybody back from realizing their dream
grin.gif

Catdaddy

Enlightened
Guys (and girls),
I think most of you figured it out a week ago. But in case there is still any question... I'm out of this! Sorry for any confusion or disappointment I may have caused.

I guess there is something to be said, after all, about the nature of The Beast.
wink.gif

Kenshiro

Enlightened
Catdaddy,

Don't worry, we still respect you and like you.....
But.....

Don't ever let us down again!
smile.gif

camisdad

Newly Enlightened
hehe - that was funny Catdaddy!

This thread is is actually turning out to be quite a lark after all - in a very different way from what I wax expecting - more on the humorous side - move to Cafe? :)

Redball

Newly Enlightened
OK,

I've been watching this thread for a while and had to finally say something.

1. Goncz, You blew it. You had the opportunity to show case your product to a captive and interested audience of professional and intelligent people, instead you insult CPF members with condescending and sexist comments. Way to go on making a good first impression!

2. Your competition is laughing at you! I can't think of any company president that would insult a potential customer and tell him NOT TO BUY his product. You just can't buy PR like that ;-)

3. I would be hesitant on buying a product from a company that I didn't think would be around in the next few years. It would make the item an expensive and useless paper weight.

I guess after this post I won't be able to get that m7.

Oh Well....

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr.Goncz is a prime example of why lots of companies keep their engineering and sales departments as seperate entities.
wink.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif

Empath

Flashaholic
This thread is starting to resemble behavior that is unlike CPF at all. Until I'm advised by those greater than myself, it's being put on hold, or possibly closed completely as a finished thread.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

WOW,

Geepondy asked very nicely:
"FNatic, the M5 and M7 have been discussed but thus far not the SD3. Could you please give your impressions of it? How does it compare to a Mag 3D?"

The response: (G.L.John felt it necessary to answer for FNatic I guess)
"Gee we did not know that so many girls are at this forum???"

Marketing srategy sucks for the Goncz Hi-Tech lights. From the photos so far, I just can't see the 500-1500 lumens of lights. It's at best a magcharger quality in size and light output.

I'm not knocking the product at all. I've been turned off and I have no intention of buying the Goncz lights because of the unprofessional way it was brought to us. I lost interest when they described other lights as "cheap" compared to theirs.

You lost at least one good consumer (me) because I have spent over $5,000 this year alone buying lights. Not one penny will go for the Goncz. Goncz people need to change their attitude. I haven't been this upset...well ever on this board!

Moderators: Sorry I could not take this anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.