When was the last time you actually needed to use a flash light for 7 or more hours

NiOOH

Enlightened
I've had a light run for something like 4-5 hours at camping sites, using it as a lantern with a diffuser. The longest power outage I can remember was something like 2 hours. This doesn't stop me from having enough lights and batteries to last a week :).

MikeKerr

Newly Enlightened
Almost like the ultimate disaster but not quite. God help and blessings to those wha have experienced these catastrophic events.

turbodog

Flashaholic
Camping...

Just leave light on low to I can find it or so others don't trip over me on way to bathroom.

colin.p

Newly Enlightened
We had an ice rain storm, last week, that knocked out the power from 2 PM Wednesday until 8 PM Saturday. I ran my Tool AA on the lowest setting for a night light in the bathroom all night for 3 nights. I finally charged the Eneloop when the power came back on Saturday evening.

Flynn's Arcade

Newly Enlightened
Replacing a rodent damaged Corning 24f fiber optic cable and rusty vapor tight light fixtures in a underground parking garage. 16 hours of a Fenix E16 on its medium setting. Spoiled by its tiny size, everything else feels like a brick, especially in sweat soaked clothing.

DonnyD

Newly Enlightened
A couple evenings per week, I shut all the lights off in my room. Using two HM50 v2s, I make nice atmosphere by shining red light against the walls while I study under a Perun 2 mini headlamp for 3 to 4 hours. So, that's 3 lights and 6-8 hours of use, just not in a row, lol.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you ever needed to run a flash light for 7 or more hours all night ??
I can't say I've ever required such runtime (even when rostered for overnight Patrols), I use my torches sporadically in conjunction with night adapted vision (which I prefer) but carry the equivalent of 7-9 hours of constant useable Lumens on my duty rig with an additional 4-8 hours in my shift bag (not including spare batteries).