Google Map for Candlepowerforum Members

Ditto. The map link took me to the same page as that shown above, with no functionality or radio buttons on display. Suggestions are welcome for reanimating the map to allow more pushpins to be added.

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you logged in to Google when trying to add a marker? Works for me, but I'm the creator. I don't see any settings I have, or can change to allow/disallow other users to place markers.

boo5ted

Enlightened
Just looked again and don't see a way to add to the list. Logged in to maps, I've right clicked and left clicked with no response.

kashmir

Newly Enlightened
boo, I cannot add myself either (I'm using a MacBook Pro). Back on post #89 it was noted this function only works on PC/Desktop?

I tried adding my location to the map this morning. No joy. No radio buttons or any helpful drop down menus either. And yes, I'm logged in to my Gmail account, as well as the Gmail suite of apps.

Guidance from someone who knows the secret password will be appreciated.

Also, if anyone is interested, I'm in Powell, Ohio, a small satellite city immediately north of Columbus.

voltman

Newly Enlightened
Tried to add my town to the map this morning. Was logged into my google account. Nothing worked. At one point it gave me a menu that had "drop a pin" on it, but the option was greyed out. Lima, Ohio here

whelmFlash

Newly Enlightened
I manage a news website myself, and this is quite easy to implement with the right plugin(s) or code.

donn_

Flashaholic
I could not figure out how to add myself to the forum map, so I made my own map, called donn_, and added a location called GSB (Great South Bay). It's a blue upside down teardrop right off Amityville, NY