• white

Votes: 38 73.1%
  • bule

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jblackwood

Enlightened
i had thought mine was nice and white... until i started doing side-by-side comparisons with all my other favorite lights. then it really looked green.

if you like a particular light i suggest you don't do comparisons. that just reveals flaws and make you dislike what you had originally thought to be wonderful.

Here here!!!
:thumbsup:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Whatever you do, don't compare your rebels to a 5A cree.... I had to give away a rebel modded RC-G2 with the "perfect" tint because it turned green after I put it up against a 5A >.<
No worries here about it turning green as I fully expect it to continue looking pink! :p

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the Megan Fox test of tint (as featured on that thread). I hereby dub it the MFTFT . . . that doesn't flow, does it? How about the Fox tint test, then?
:naughty:

Hee hee!

I like it jblackwood! The MFTFT. It has a ring to it! I wonder if js will help us compare more lights... Hmmm... there must be a way to do this scientifically...:thinking:

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened
One of each

I picked up two of the SS version yesterday. What an awesome little light! :rock:

However, one has a nice white beam and the other has the greenish tint with a small black dot in the center. The greenish one is also harder to turn on the threads than the other. Unfortunately, these were the last two at the store I bought them from so I can't go and exchange it. Would you guys just deal with it, or try and get it replaced somehow? :thanks:

Last edited:

AA6TZ

Enlightened
Re: One of each

I picked up two of the SS version yesterday. What an awesome little light! :rock:

However, one has a nice white beam and the other has the greenish tint with a small black dot in the center. The greenish one is also harder to turn on the threads than the other. Unfortunately, these were the last two at the store I bought them from so I can't go and exchange it. Would you guys just deal with it, or try and get it replaced somehow? :thanks:

Jonny -- I would definitely try to get the defective torch replaced and not "deal with it." As you've noticed, when they work . . . they work BEAUTIFULLY!!! Why on Earth should you get stuck with a dud/lemon?!??

The first step would be to contact the store via e-mail (so you have a record) and place the ball in their court. If things go the way they should, you'll have a new LD01_SS in short order. If things go well, you'll get one that actually works this time! :twothumbs

Should the first step fail, you can dispute the charge with your credit card company. If a product arrives in faulty/broken condition, then the seller ought to exchange the defective unit with one that works properly. (Rocket science, huh? :green:) If worse comes to worse - and there really ARE no other LD01's available (possible, but I'd be willing to bet they'll "find" one, short of refunding your money), you can get the incurred costs credited to your credit card account.

Best of luck in your quest for a properly working LD01_SS. :thumbsup:

-Clive

P.S. - Please let us know how everything went, okay?

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine has a bit of an odd beam pattern, but a bit of scotch tape and a new emitter should fix that in short order :) (yes, it was bought to be modded). Current tint is lovely and white, but I know my dad'll think it's too blue, so I've got a 5D cree XR-E on the way :)

Last edited:

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened

P.S. - Please let us know how everything went, okay?

Thanks very much for the replys everyone. I should have made it more clear that I was fortunate enough to find these babies in an actual brick and mortar store. I went ahead and took the bad one back and got a refund. I new it would bug me, especially since my friend was the recipient of the one with the perfect beam.:mad: :D I will continue the search, I absolutely love that little guy, especially in the stainless. :)

Jedi Knife

Enlightened
It's a shame Fenix made these "limited edition"- they want to keep selling the supremely ugly black scratch magnets, though. One would think that they could at least try a silver colored aluminum anodizing or something.

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened
It's a shame Fenix made these "limited edition"- they want to keep selling the supremely ugly black scratch magnets, though. One would think that they could at least try a silver colored aluminum anodizing or something.

I agree, the stainless seems to make sense for the keychain size lights since it will wear much better and the increased weight is negligible. BTW, thanks for letting me borrow your thread Jedi Knife. :eek:

Jedi Knife

Enlightened
I agree, the stainless seems to make sense for the keychain size lights since it will wear much better and the increased weight is negligible. BTW, thanks for letting me borrow your thread Jedi Knife. :eek:

Hey it's nice to see other people agree with me. I guess the worst part is that I still carry that butt-ugly scratched up Fenix on my keychain because it performs so well, but it's a love/hate thing for sure. Also, don't blame you for asking questions here- you know those reading are probably those most likely to have your answers!

jayke

Newly Enlightened
Just received mine a few days ago. It definitely has a greenish tint to it. My LOD Q4 has a perfect white tint. I love the beam pattern of the LD01 SS. It is very different from the Q4 light but the tint is not great.

kts

Enlightened
My SS LD01 has a very white tint, also compared to other lights, guess I won the tint lottery :twothumbs

jayke

Newly Enlightened
@ Jonny,

I am going to keep it. It is not a horrible green like my original P1 way back in the day. It is a greenish white tint. Since the beam profile is so nice (no rings) I am not going to risk exchanging it.

Joe

AA6TZ

Enlightened

Thanks very much for the replys everyone. I should have made it more clear that I was fortunate enough to find these babies in an actual brick and mortar store. I went ahead and took the bad one back and got a refund. I new it would bug me, especially since my friend was the recipient of the one with the perfect beam.:mad: :D I will continue the search, I absolutely love that little guy, especially in the stainless. :)

I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't get your defective LD01 SS exchanged for a working unit (at the actual brick-and-mortar store :D). You WILL find one. It's just a matter of time. Best of luck in your search. :thumbsup:

-Clive

Sonic Blast

Newly Enlightened
Another green ldo1 ss

Just got an ldo1 ss today for my christmas and couldn't believe how green it is, its green like proper green so i thought i would compare it with a tk11, a tk10, and a already green l2d and the ldo1 still looked rediculously green compaired to everyhting and worse still it made the others look blue. Gutted, its still a great light and looks awsome and has no problems with mode switching, damn tha squid green tint.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Another green ldo1 ss

It's a bit of struggle, but they are openable:

clicky.

Fairly nasty to solder, though that might have been the soldering iron.... left my half decent one at uni >.<

Jedi Knife

Enlightened
Re: Another green ldo1 ss

Thanks for sharing the info, Sonic. I too had a green one and promptly sent it back for a refund. If these weren't limited editions, I would have tried to exchange it.