Guess this disease, 3rd_shift is sick (pic).

Empath

Flashaholic
Re: It\'s Strep Throat. I\'m recovering now.

Strep is nasty germ, and can do a lot of damage. Stay with your antibiotics and don't give them a chance to recoup.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hope you feel better!

And yeah, stick to those anti-biotics for the whole 10 or 14 days and done stop even if you feel better!

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*

speaking of strep bacteria - I'm going through a bout of cellulitis - Not fun stuff - at least 10 days on Keflex

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow when I had strep throat, I just had a real sore throat. Is this something different? That's when I found out I was allergic to Amoxicillan.

DaGunn

Newly Enlightened

Glad that you are on the mend! PM me your mailing address, I will send you a LED headlamp to assist in your recovery.

Dave

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,

Third Shift
I'm very gald you're recovering. We were concerned about you after seeing that picture and then not hearing from you in a couple days. Welcome back

spica

Newly Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif, get well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif a. s. a. p. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

spica

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah, had cellulitis once too, and mine was resistant to keflex. Took a week in the hospital getting something intravenous to kill it off. Makes you think about the overuse of anitbiotics in the world and what will happen if - when? - a bug comes along which is immune to all of them.

Damn...

UVLaser

Enlightened

Hi There 3rd shift /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif
I think you have scarlet fever here is the info:"Strep throat with a rash is sometimes referred to as scarlet fever. The most noticeable symptom of scarlet fever is a rough, red rash that feels like sandpaper. This rash begins on the chest and abdomen and then spreads over the rest of the body within 24 hours. The rash and redness are more apparent in skin folds, especially in the groin, armpits, and elbow creases. Fever and a sore throat usually develop before the rash appears. The rash usually fades in about a week, and at that time the skin may begin to peel."
You can also see it here>>scarlet fever.It is still strep throat but a different type of it.
You are not alone, I am also sick but much better now.
But thank God it was not chronic bronchitis that I was getting, I have had chronic bronchitis twice(Its not pretty what you cough out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eeew.gif

Hope you get better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello all.
I'm still recovering and continueing with the antibiotics.
The biggest thing I'm fighting now, is the wait for the sores in my throat to close back over.
Mouthwash seems to have been a help here.
Again, I would like to extend my deepest thanks for everyone's support. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

daloosh

Flashaholic*,

Glad you're on the mend, dude. Rest up and stay in touch!

daloosh

jtice

Flashaholic

Glad to hear your cruising down the road to recovery ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast

3rd, just make sure to finish all your antibiotics and other medicines even though you may be feeling good. A relaps will probably be worse than the original infection. Get well soon.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good to see you posting again, CPF needs its Trilight3 dude /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Like they said, finish the meds regardless. It looks bad enough you don't want a repeat.