Happy National Flashlight Day!

Illum

Flashaholic
Re: Happy Flashlight Day!

I was out shining my throwers in the air most of the night and was called a liar by an onlooker and one whose "mind is gone" for saying today is a flashlight holiday....:ohgeez:

oh well, I had fun lighting up every telephone pole/stop sign there is on this block

fyrstormer

Banned

I was out shining my throwers in the air most of the night and was called a liar by an onlooker and one whose "mind is gone" for saying today is a flashlight holiday....:ohgeez:

oh well, I had fun lighting up every telephone pole/stop sign there is on this block
I do that every night. :duh2:

What I ought to do tonight is stand in the middle of the street with my arms outstretched and my McGizmos arranged in a circle around me. THAT would get some attention.

Then again, I've been pulled over for smoking a cigarette in the middle of the night, so maybe I don't want to get thrown in the clink and have all my pretties confiscated as "evidence"...

EDIT: This will have to suffice. Behold the Altar of Light!

CIMG3759.jpg

(yes, all the normal lights were off in the room. :D)

Last edited:

edc3

Enlightened
I wished everyone at work a happy Flashlight Day and told more than one person I wished the power would go out...then it did! If only it had stayed out longer it would have been a perfect day. :crackup:

copperfox

Enlightened

Yaaay! :party:

Maybe I can convince my wife to let me open one of my 4sevens Christmas presents tonight. :huh:

edc3

Enlightened
Believe me, they tried to blame ME for the power outage, but it was purely coincidence. If I'd been behind it, it would have stayed out longer and I'd have been able to leave work early. :devil:

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
Well, my calendar says the first day of Winter is Thursday the 22nd this year. But I plan to celebrate National Flashlight Day tomorrow night w/ my daughters. We'll have 66 lights tailstanding on the dining room table. So the "Eve" of NFD is good enough for us. They get a kick out of Marty's video and have most of the lyrics memorized!

Empath

Flashaholic
EST, or the east coast of the U.S. is the only part of our country that has to wait for Thursday for the start of winter. Winter starts at 12:30AM EST time. For the rest of us, the calendar will still be on Wednesday.

SaturnNyne

Enlightened
Merry Flashlightmas, everyone! :wave:

I've been celebrating it for a few years now. I always do as the song suggests and gather up all my flashlights for a check and lube maintenance. Then I usually try to arrange for a night walk through the woods with whatever flashlight friends I can find.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Happy National Flashlight Day 2011

:party::party::party::party: :party::party:

I've already been doing flashlight and battery maintenance daily since last Friday. Let's just say I celebrate regularily.

[EDIT]: It was not planned as such, but I just gave away 5 old flashlights / headlamps I wasn't using to my coworkers AND I told them it was because it's international flashlight day.

Last edited:

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every day is flashlight day in this house! Happy Flashlight Day to all... and a dark night!

egrep

Enlightened
Re: Happy National Flashlight Day 2011

You sir, ROCK!

And all my fellow Flashaholics, you've helped make this year more special than it would have been otherwise.
lovecpf(when it's available)

:party::party::party::party: :party::party:

I've already been doing flashlight and battery maintenance daily since last Friday. Let's just say I celebrate regularily.

[EDIT]: It was not planned as such, but I just gave away 5 old flashlights / headlamps I wasn't using to my coworkers AND I told them it was because it's international flashlight day.

Last edited:

Latest posts