Has anybody used a "Ring Style" USB Finger Mouse?

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've just come across this on Frupper, and then through a search, also noticed they've got it at Kaidomain. It's a mouse type device that you wear on your finger like a ring, allowing you to type and "mouse" without removing your hands from the keyboard. Does anybody have any experience with it? How well does it work? Is it comfortable and would you recommend it?

https://www.kaidomain.com/WEBUI/ProductDetail.aspx?TranID=1515

WhatMACHI

Newly Enlightened
Seems your hand or finger will get sore after using that for a while, since your hand needs to be more bent upwards to get your finger pointing down at the mouse pad.

I probably wouldnt suggest it.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, the description from frubber said you could navigate the pointer with it, without removing your hands from the keybord. This would have to mean that no mouse pad is necessary. Maybe, though, you'd have to point your finger down towards the keyboard? Looking at my hands as I type, I see my fingers already point downward, or even down and back towards me if I'm hitting the keys on the lower row, which would seeming suggest that this pointer could possibly be used without having to do any "unatural" bending that would make one's finger sore.

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast

B@rt

Flashaholic
You do need to take your hand off the keyboard and use your pants or whatever as mousepad to move the pointer. It works ok, but the flippers to left or rightclick are big and very easy to acidentally click. I took off most of them, works better now. ;)

For mobile use they aren't bad. :)