Has Anyone Received a Lummi Order Recently? 18 Months and Waiting...

slippers6661

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,

I am new to the forum and wish I would have found it before I placed my order with Rob. I have not been waiting as long as some, but I thought I would post anyway.

Order Placed On 10 April 2011 05:03

Description: AirSure Shipping,
Unit price: 7.00 GBP
Quantity: 1
Amount: 7.00 GBP

Description: Raw NS,Lumens Choice: 200/100
Unit price: 60.00 GBP
Amount: 60.00 GBP

Description: 14250 Cell NS/Ti/Al,
Unit price: 5.00 GBP
Quantity: 4
Amount: 20.00 GBP

Description: Raw NS Locator,locator colour Choice: Ice Blue
Unit price: 6.00 GBP
Amount: 6.00 GBP

Description: Wee NS,lumens Choice: 100
Unit price: 40.00 GBP
Amount: 40.00 GBP

Description: Wee NS Locators,locator colour Choice: Ice Blue
Unit price: 12.00 GBP
Amount: 12.00 GBP

Description: 10180 Cell Wee NS/Ti,
Unit price: 5.00 GBP

Quantity: 4
Amount: 20.00 GBP

Description: SS Nano Clip,
Unit price: 4.00 GBP
Quantity: 2
Amount: 8.00 GBP

Subtotal : 173.00 GBP
Postage: 5.00 GBP
Compensation: N/A

Total: 178.00 GBP

mash.m

Enlightened
i also ordered two times at lummi, but every order was sent out some days later. there where some problem with the locators and bead blasting, but after some email contact (that was always with fast responce to me) i got a partial refund and the wee shiped out.
after my first order i read about the poor business practices from rob. but i haven´t a problem to order a second time. with paypal you can open a case within 45 days and get your money back. i know that is not a help for the other guys that wait over months. but i can´t understand what is wrong with rob, cause my orders where 100% accurate and fast.
i hope that he clarify all the open orders, cause the lummi lights are really nice.

markus

DrAT

Newly Enlightened
I had a message from Lummi a while back asking me to confirm my order and to expect it in July. I had no reply to my confirmation and still have no torch.

brz

Newly Enlightened
Signed up on CPF just to make this post. Hopefully it gives some encouragement to those still waiting on their orders, or some options for those tired of mailing Rob over and over to set deadlines that are never met.

Like many of you I'm an international buyer, and have waited for my order far longer than I was prepared to. All the emails I sent Rob had him replying with false promises.

So I looked around and found ConsumerDirect. AFAIK it's an organisation run by the UK govt. that offers consumers advice and consultation. I went through their online report process and within a week received an email telling me they had spoken to Rob and notified him of the possible consequences of his actions under UK law. I immediately mailed Rob referencing my report and had my order shipped out the next day, which I just received this morning.

The Raw SS is great. I have no problems with Rob's products but his business practice is just unacceptable. People tired of being given the run-around by Rob may want to look into this course of action.

bill_n_opus

Enlightened
That's stupid and sad that people have to threaten this guy with consequences in the UK before he gets offa his butt and clears an order or two.

Seriously, if he has time to answer questions and queries on forums he should have time to get work done on some lights. Sounds more like a personality disorder to me.

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI

I ordered a wee Jan 2012 and in less than 3 weeks got it with trits and charger, so my experience was normal.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Ns Raw with green LED and 2 trits arrived. I gotta say it's beautiful (almost too nice to put on my keys) . Ive got a couple other Lummi raws , Wees, this newest one is also a pleasure to own. I ordered it back in Feb 2011. I heard many assurances and delays as well. Of course Id like to see everyone who paid get what they bought.

Jolig

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a Wee SS on 7th january, today it arrived, including blue trits and XM-L Dropin, everything as ordered. All I did was contacting Rob before ordering, in order to check what is in stock or not.

charlton

Newly Enlightened
2 years and waiting, this guy is a thief, so you get one in 3 weeks great

odog83

Newly Enlightened
I received Lummi NS from Rob 10 days after ordering it, on 3rd of june. The transaction was perfect. I hope the best for all you guys who are still waiting...

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice to see all the newly registered members chime in and tell us they received their new order in no time. The products should have been sent to the customers who ordered a few years ago (like charlton) and still got no product! I don´t blame you guys for getting your orders first while the others are very likely will never get theirs, that´s Rob´s fault!

Eric

Phil Ament

Enlightened
Hi there all. Now whilst I have never ever ordered anything from Lummi and so I have never lost any money, I just really hate to see people getting ripped off. It is bad enough when the guilty party has painted themselves in to a corner and so they therefore have to constantly lie and avoid people, but to me it is far far worse when they either just carry on regardless as if nothing has happened or if they do seemingly have the ability to repay those that they have ripped off yet they just ignore them. Well from what I can see it looks to me as if this guy is doing both, as I have only just checked his website which now shows that it has been updated again on the 28th of June 2012 or only 5 days ago, and he also appears to be still selling stuff and accepting payments by PayPal. Surely if they were made well aware of all of the facts that I could only assume that they would not want to be involved with him or have any part to do with him still accepting payments from people, however I could be wrong.

One thing that I do know for sure is that after a little bit of digging around I seem to have discovered his telephone number, and I would only be more than willing to direct anyone who he has ripped off to it, so they could ring him up just to say "Hi, how are you doing" and then "Where's my f%#@#ng money or my light". I really hope that I don't get in to any trouble with the Mods for doing this, but just as I have said a little earlier I really get extremely annoyed whenever I see people being ripped off, especially when it is done with such blatant arrogancy!

Sincerely Yours
Phil Ament :wave:

Last edited:

Ways

Newly Enlightened
So has anyone received a light from Lummi lately? his website has been updated and he has new stock but is he only servicing new orders? , a close friend of mine who is also waiting for over a year for an order got a reply from rob stating that he was filling new orders so that he has the cash flow to complete old orders... but from what i can tell old orders are not being filled, but perhaps people are receiving lights but not posting about it here.

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
In answer to your question - has anybody received any Lummi lights - yes I have.

I have purchased around 12 or so items since the beginning of 2012 and received all the orders within a few days of payment . I am only answering the question - so please don't attack this post. I am indeed very sorry to hear about the people who are waiting on past orders.

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lummi seems to be a properly run custom outfit so its a shame this sad episode was not handled properly & honestly. I know the issue has been outstanding for over a year and don't fall within PayPal protection anymore but can't anyone write to PayPal to file a class complain so that he will not have his PayPal facilities to carry on the business in the future? A shame really as his potential loss of business is far greater than the cheap trill he got from this one-off con job :(

fyrstormer

Banned
In answer to your question - has anybody received any Lummi lights - yes I have.

I have purchased around 12 or so items since the beginning of 2012 and received all the orders within a few days of payment . I am only answering the question - so please don't attack this post. I am indeed very sorry to hear about the people who are waiting on past orders.
The question is (and I'm not saying you ought to know the answer): if his business model is straightened out, WHY HASN'T HE FILLED ANY BACKORDERS???

I have a hypothesis, at least: I don't think he know what his outstanding orders are. I think he keeps his "records" in his email inbox. I had to remind him over and over what my orders were; he never looked up the information himself when responding to my emails, and I have to think that's because he didn't have the information at all.

If you've had such good luck, perhaps you can talk Lummi into selling you a batch of lights, and then you can resell them on CPF. That way people don't have to deal with Lummi's BS directly, and nobody would be on the hook to deliver products that don't exist yet.

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
The question is (and I'm not saying you ought to know the answer): if his business model is straightened out, WHY HASN'T HE FILLED ANY BACKORDERS??? I have a hypothesis, at least: I don't think he know what his outstanding orders are. I think he keeps his "records" in his email inbox. I had to remind him over and over what my orders were; he never looked up the information himself when responding to my emails, and I have to think that's because he didn't have the information at all. If you've had such good luck, perhaps you can talk Lummi into selling you a batch of lights, and then you can resell them on CPF. That way people don't have to deal with Lummi's BS directly, and nobody would be on the hook to deliver products that don't exist yet.

I think this is a thorny issue. As I said I am not entirely happy with what has happened. I wasn't around CPF at the time but looking at the threads it is painful reading. As I dont know the exact circumstances of what happened it is probably not helpful to speculate.

I have spoken to Rob a few times on the phone and he has always responded to my emails promptly and delivered the orders quickly. I have not had to chase up any orders or having to guess. Everything I ordered as been transparent. I know this doesn't help anybody who has lost money in the past and is waiting for their light for years. I am only stating honestly what my experience has been in the past 8 months after a dozen or so orders.

I know several businesses who have traded and stopped trading under a name and restarted the business with a different name - same people, same building - just different company details and registrations. These 'new' business trading under a new name will refuse to honour any orders, debts or other liabilities under their previous identities . It makes people mad but such is life - I suppose that is how a business moves on after it ceases trading or becomes insolvent.

I am prepared to help anybody out who wants to order a Lummi light by ordering on their behalf (for zero profit or charge incurred). I am even prepared to go as far as saying that I would be happy to bear the risk as I know that I will receive the orders from Lummi. However I don't want to end up with a bunch of lights that people say they want to order and change their mind. Therefore I would consider this on a individual basis rather than bulk buy and resell. It is the least I can do for the community especially people as far as the USA, Canada and Australia who have shipped me high value lights. Waiting in anticipation for $$$ light to come through the post is part of the fun.

It is important for me to stress that I also don't want to appear to be trying to act as an agent on CPF and be labelled a 'Troll'. I simply enjoy Lummi products - it is a unique product and there are some features that I like very much. I collect a variety of lights from different manufacturers - each unique. If somebody else wants to enjoy a Lummi light and feels nervous I am prepared to help them (just pm me)

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mohan, you are a gentleman and an asset to CPF. My hats off to you my friend :thumbsup:

SHTorch

Newly Enlightened
I'm a noob. Read too many good posts before the bad ones. Order placed via Lummi website 9/13/2012 for Wee SS w/ USB charger. Anxiously waiting for Rob's e-mail saying the item has been shipped. Hope it comes. Will file a claim w/ paypal on 10/26 (within my 45 days) if no communication/progress has been made. Would prefer the light, but at least would like my money back if I will not be receiving it.

Any help/guidance from fellow CPF members greatly appreciated - especially those who communicate with Rob.