Has Anyone Received a Lummi Order Recently? 18 Months and Waiting...

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad you saw this before the Paypal filing is up. At least you will have that option. Good luck hope you get either the light or your money back

domx

Newly Enlightened
Thank you. I was going to buy a couple of Lummi flashlights, after seeing the raw and wee on his website. I won't be buying after reading this.

apache blue

Newly Enlightened
I'm a noob. Read too many good posts before the bad ones. Order placed via Lummi website 9/13/2012 for Wee SS w/ USB charger. Anxiously waiting for Rob's e-mail saying the item has been shipped. Hope it comes. Will file a claim w/ paypal on 10/26 (within my 45 days) if no communication/progress has been made. Would prefer the light, but at least would like my money back if I will not be receiving it.

Any help/guidance from fellow CPF members greatly appreciated - especially those who communicate with Rob.

Did this light arrive? I have had 4 separate orders with rob in the last year including a prepay on a special, I can say in all honesty I have not had a single issue with the guy. All emails have been answered quickly and all orders were dispatched when he said they would be.
The only wait I had was on batteries for a wee and he sent me a spare one free to make up for the short delay. If you are worried about your order based on what you read on cpf I'm not surprised and don't blame you, i was too. However in the interest of adding balance to this thread (and indeed sub forum) I feel I should share my experience.

apache blue

Newly Enlightened
I should point out that my post above is not in any way meant to excuse what has happened to others or condone previous actions by rob. I am merely stating my own experience and speaking as I find

Norm

Retired Administrator
If you are worried about your order based on what you read on cpf I'm not surprised and don't blame you, i was too. However in the interest of adding balance to this thread (and indeed sub forum) I feel I should share my experience.
I'm sure the members here with outstanding orders will be so pleased to hear how Rob has improved his customer service.

Your good news will do nothing to convince those members that Rob has changed his ways until all of those outstanding orders are fulfilled.

Norm

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I'm sure the members here with outstanding orders will be so pleased to hear how Rob has improved his customer service.

Your good news will do nothing to convince those members that Rob has changed his ways until all of those outstanding orders are fulfilled.

Norm
I'm still happy with my only personal experience with him, a repair on an older Raw, but given his flat refusal to address any of his older customers, I'd think one would be best not dealing with him at all unless they could hold the light in their hand before they handed him the cash.

Too bad, since they are such wonderful little lights, and although I don't use my NS Raw or NS Wee much at all, they're not going anywhere anytime soon.

Ceekay

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to this forum, so at first a warm hello to everyone around here!
:wave:

Date of order: 8th August 2012 via PayPal
State of order: Germany

-----------------------------------
Purchase Details
Description:Raw NS XM-L, Item no:0003 , Raw NS locator Options: Raw NS 2 Ice Blue H3 , Raw NS XM-L White £70: 40/250
Unit price:85.00 GBP
Qty:1
Amount:£85.00 GBP
Description:USB Charger, Item no:USB Charger , USB Charger: USB Charger
Unit price:8.00 GBP
Qty:1
Amount:£8.00 GBP

Subtotal: £93.00 GBP
Postage and packaging: 5.00 GBP
Total: 98.00 GBP

Payment: 98.00 GBP
Received: nothing
last Email contact: 18.09.2012 with the promise of shipment at the end of September 2012

Even if i missed the 45 days within i have to contact PayPal, i will notificate them of this case.
I can't understand that someone like him is still listed as a seller.

If i don't receive my order within November 2012, i will try to contact Customer Organisations in the UK.

Kind regards
Ceekay

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
I placed an order for a Lummi Wii package on 12-25-12. After multiple emails to Rob, each time with a promise that my light will be "shipping out next week" I still have no light. I have been MORE than patient with this so called "man". I was told that the package/light was IN STOCK when I originally ordered it... CLEARLY a lie. I kindly have asked for a refund of my money and I'll repurchase it when the light is actually ready to ship. He NOW INFORMS me that he is going through hard times and doesn't have the funds to even refund my order, but if I give him time, he promises me that he'll get me my light. I informed him I was going to file a complaint with PayPal... only to find out that those corksuckers only look into a claim if its within the 45 days of the original transaction! I informed them that it often takes 3 months or more for these custom builds. Still no avail!

What is my next option here... besides hoping that SOMEDAY my light will arrive? In Montana, dealings like this are often dealt with in a no nonsense justifiable way :whoopin:. Be glad that water seperates us from the UK. I really do love Rob's products and he has been prompt to respond to my emails, but WTF? His business ethics or lack there of are horrible. I really hope he gets his stuff together and things work out for him. His lights are awesome. Sorry to vent people.

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Dan, when you paid with paypal was it linked to and paid with a credit card? If so, and depending on the time allotted to do so by your credit card provider, you may be able to initiate a chargeback.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Dan, when you paid with paypal was it linked to and paid with a credit card? If so, and depending on the time allotted to do so by your credit card provider, you may be able to initiate a chargeback.

Thanks Moshow9. I spoke with someone live at PP and they advised I speak to the bank as well. I'll still give Rob time and hope he comes through. My money is as valued to me as the next guy though and I'll continue to pursue options to recoup it unless the light ships sooner.

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Moshow9. I spoke with someone live at PP and they advised I speak to the bank as well. I'll still give Rob time and hope he comes through. My money is as valued to me as the next guy though and I'll continue to pursue options to recoup it unless the light ships sooner.
I understand wanting to give the benefit of doubt to him and another chance to make it right but his history as of late has shown the odds for this happening are slim to none. As nice as his lights are, I would strongly urge you to pursue getting your funds returned to you. His lights pop up on the secondary market fairly frequently and there is also the option of requesting one through a WTB thread. Rob has burned a lot of people and the excuses are always the same no matter the time of the occurrence. He will occasionally ship out lights but what determines who's order he honors is something only he knows.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
The guy has years of history proving him to be a liar and international double-dealing thief. I understand your desire to own some of his lights, and I have a couple myself, but to tell the truth, you'd be best off getting all your money back and having one of the custom makers build you something better than what Rob has ever been capable of.
While his designs are excellent, the light engines from a mechanical perspective are not nearly up to grade when it comes to comparisons with any of the other light makers here on the forums.

blackfly

Enlightened
...I was told that the package/light was IN STOCK when I originally ordered it... CLEARLY a lie. I kindly have asked for a refund of my money and I'll repurchase it when the light is actually ready to ship. He NOW INFORMS me that he is going through hard times and doesn't have the funds to even refund my order, but if I give him time, he promises me that he'll get me my light...

That was similar to the experience I had a couple years ago. I ordered a light from Rob in January 2011. I confirmed by email that it was in stock before I ordered it. I never received the order. After months of email exchanges with promises that it would ship out in a week or two I finally asked for a refund. He said he was having hard times financially & was not able to refund me.

Last edited:

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a A**beeep**e! I´m sorry but that´s just what he is. It´s really sad since I do like his lights (had 18 back then, luckily ordered while he was still right in his mind). djans1397´s case is the reason why I really don´t want to read from people anymore who recently ordered and received their lights. Who cares about some lucky ones if he still rips off others. I just don´t understand how someone like this can still receive payments through paypal. His account should have been shut down long time ago.

Eric

derdoc

Newly Enlightened
I´m waiting for a WeeAg since Sep.12 --If i see his releases of New DropIn`s and upgrades I´m gettin Mad :sigh:

That was probably the last time.

So theres no other option , just wait and hope he didnt goes in EasterVacation.

Best regards , Johannes

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I wish more people were buying from him using PayPal or a credit card, and putting a stop on the payment while submitting a fraud report on him.

Apparently he's decided that since he's not getting punished, and he's able to get peoples money without giving them anything, he's going to keep on doing it. Very low form of personal values from this once highly regarded maker.

fyrstormer

Banned
A Muyshondt Aeon is light-years ahead of the Lummi Raw. Yes, they are very expensive, they use a battery you can actually buy in a store, and they have regulated output, and the bang-to-buck ratio is greater than zero -- because Muyshondt will actually ship the product to you after you pay for it.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yikes, I have just ordered an XM-L2 pill and a few cells. I had assumed all this would have been cleared up months ago but obviously not. Rob and I have always had good history though (a good proportion of the text on his website was written by me). This strikes me as a situation that has got out of hand by mis-management and squandering of customer's money on things other than what has been paid for. Until a product is delivered, the money is still that of the customer, and does not become the property of the retailer to spend on R&D until they have fulfilled the order.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm filing a formal complaint with the FTC. They DO NOT look too kindly to buissiness practices like Robs and actually since its an overseas company, falls into the category of international fraud. A HUGE deal with the Feds and such. Rob has no idea the can of American whoop *** I'm about to open up on him. Pray for his soul!!!