HDS Systems

importculture

Newly Enlightened
HDS's have programmable modes and fully potted electronics along with a non magnetic control ring (rotary). Got into HDS's after owning a few novatac's. Got into novatac's because of jetbeam lights with IBS. I love the jetbeam RRT01's and daily them. The RRT01's have a super low low and can take cr123's and rechargeables in the same body and the newer RRT's have triple lockouts (unscrew the head turn the control ring to full off and an on/off click tail switch). But i always have an HDS as a backup light. Mainly because the jetbeams use magnetic control rings.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations on your growing family!

HDS Rotary is the only programmable clicky, that has both a Shut Off timer, And a Rotary UI.

RRT-01, Cool Fall, and Zebras, dont have Shut Off timers.
Novatacs and Anduril lights have Shut Off timers, but no Rotary Dial.
@jon_slider always saying it better and more succinctly.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
@jon_slider always saying it better and more succinctly.
LOL, thanks.. I figured maybe it was coming time to take my own advice.. and then this sw45k Rotary fell into my lap:
image-jpg.jpg
Now my wallet is crying, and I still want a Tritium bezel..
(its only money ;-) )

---

update, found Trit Bezels available here:
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler!

Last edited:

diesel79

Enlightened
I only have 1 HDS. I think I bought it maybe 10-12 years or so ago on a pre-order from Illumination supply. I think this was one of the first Nichia lights HDS put out? I think it's 170 lumens.

All of that said, this is still the light I grab for everything and it goes with me just about everywhere. Absolutely the perfect light for normal tasks. Has never let me down.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I bought it maybe 10-12 years or so ago on a pre-order from Illumination supply. I think this was one of the first Nichia lights HDS put out? I think it's 170 lumens.
Congratulations! great to hear the light is serving you well after so many years.

Is your 170N a Clicky or a Rotary? ;-)

fwiw here are output charts for various HDS models, with the yellow highlights showing the factory clicky presets.

Here are instructions for doing a firmware version check on an HDS, which can help determine what year it was made. And here are links to the manuals from 2010 forwards.

Outputs on a Rotary 200 dial:
KXw16sP.jpg

Ive been exploring pocket clip options for my Rotary 200 w sw45k. Notice the difference in blade length:
40J209d.jpg

the photo of the light on the left is courtesy of emarkd, from his writeup on How to install a clip under the bezel of an HDS Rotary

spare battery carrier option:
0DgUBQm.jpg

Sofirn SC21 Pro w stock 5000K LH351d, has built in charging, illuminated button, and tailmagnet.

Last edited:

diesel79

Enlightened
Congratulations! great to hear the light is serving you well after so many years.

Is your 170N a Clicky or a Rotary? ;-)

fwiw here are output charts for various HDS models, with the yellow highlights showing the factory clicky presets.

Here are instructions for doing a firmware version check on an HDS, which can help determine what year it was made. And here are links to the manuals from 2010 forwards.

Outputs on a Rotary 200 dial:
KXw16sP.jpg

Ive been exploring pocket clip options for my Rotary 200 w sw45k. Notice the difference in blade length:
40J209d.jpg

the photo of the light on the left is courtesy of emarkd, from his writeup on How to install a clip under the bezel of an HDS Rotary

spare battery carrier option:
0DgUBQm.jpg

Sofirn SC21 Pro w stock 5000K LH351d, has built in charging, illuminated button, and tailmagnet.
Thanks for the info, I'll have to take a look. Here she is, it's a click. It is in good shape yet. Been dropped a few times and tossed in many bags for camping trips and traveling.

Attachments

• IMG_0692.jpeg
    IMG_0692.jpeg
    372.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0693.jpeg
    IMG_0693.jpeg
    285.2 KB · Views: 81