Headlight for runner

Marathonman

Newly Enlightened
I just tried my brand new h31 running at night in total darkness. The forest I was in blocked what little moonlight was there. Wow. Wow. Wow!

The lower middle setting works great. Turn it on the highest high and it's unbelievable.

++++
marathonman

billbunton

Newly Enlightened
I tried the H31 this morning. Though I was running the streets near where I live, there's a long (2K) section with no street lights. I was using the M1 (45Lm) setting and had plenty of light (in fact, more than I needed). That setting should work well out at the park too.

At first I was getting very frustrated with the way it kept turning down as I ran; I had to twist the light higher every 100m or so. Finally figured out that if I slid it over so that one of the mount straps went over the GITD O-ring it would stay where I set it :)

And with the temp at 69F and 85% humidity it got its first taste of how I sweat :) (Quite a change from Saturday's 47F and about 40% humidity!)

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried the H31 this morning. Though I was running the streets near where I live, there's a long (2K) section with no street lights. I was using the M1 (45Lm) setting and had plenty of light (in fact, more than I needed). That setting should work well out at the park too.

At first I was getting very frustrated with the way it kept turning down as I ran; I had to twist the light higher every 100m or so. Finally figured out that if I slid it over so that one of the mount straps went over the GITD O-ring it would stay where I set it :)

And with the temp at 69F and 85% humidity it got its first taste of how I sweat :) (Quite a change from Saturday's 47F and about 40% humidity!)

Sounds like you are enjoying your new light. I am glad it's working for you.

GlobalPlayer

Newly Enlightened
I did my first night run with the H51 today:
10 miles, half of them in total darkness on a street through the forest with no street lights.:caution:

the H51 was perfect: very good spill and enough throw
Selecting modes during running is very easy;

50% use of M1 (30 Lm) and 50% use of H1 (200 Lm); at the finish H1 setting didn't work anymore - the eneloop was down, and now is in the charger ;)

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did my first night run with the H51 today:
10 miles, half of them in total darkness on a street through the forest with no street lights.:caution:

the H51 was perfect: very good spill and enough throw
Selecting modes during running is very easy;

50% use of M1 (30 Lm) and 50% use of H1 (200 Lm); at the finish H1 setting didn't work anymore - the eneloop was down, and now is in the charger ;)

Good to hear from yet another happy ZL light owner!