Hello? FourSevens Are You Out There?

Absolutely! Makes a good kitchen light. I still use an old javevin with P60 drop in.

I have a neutral 2 X CR123A Quark in both bathrooms, a Quark ti AA X 1 in the living room and a Quark ti 2 x CR123A in the den! All are used. I also have a Xeno in the kitchen on the microwave cuz I cannot see the buttons.

:green: That's me, green with envy. :D Post some pictures of your ti goodness.

~ Chance

recDNA

Flashaholic
Ok, this tritium isn't bright enough to catch with a phone cam.

fec71d5d3fab434cf01c3ceaf90df4b5.jpg

There's another 2 x CR123A in upstairs bedroom and the 1 x AA upstairs in living room. There's lots around so I'm kind of surprised they still evoke envy. Some day I'll have to have the XPG R5 replaced with something HiCRI.

Last edited:

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered a QK2A-X programmed to moon low med turbo along with a AA body last night. I'm excited to try out my first Quark. I'm hoping the old single AA body will lego just fine with the new Quark Click components. Also has anyone swapped the tactical tail switch for the pro reverse clicky themselves? Praying it isn't too difficult to do as that's the first change I think I'll make.

ronniepudding

Enlightened
I ordered a QK2A-X programmed to moon low med turbo along with a AA body last night. ...has anyone swapped the tactical tail switch for the pro reverse clicky themselves? Praying it isn't too difficult to do as that's the first change I think I'll make.

I got a Click recently, and mine unexpectedly came with all modes available... So with 8 modes to cycle through, I swapped in the reverse clicky switch. It's got a unique UI (for me anyway), and I found myself kind of working around the mode memory by switching it to moonlight before turning it off. For all that mode changing, I personally prefer reverse clicky. However, if it only had two modes programmed, I suppose forward vs. reverse, one isn't dramatically better than the other.

Anywho, I have the Quark tailcap tool (comes with extra boot covers and orings), so swapping the switch was a breeze. I believe that circlip (snap ring) pliers will also do the job quite well... But without the right tool, swapping switches would have been a bit more challenging. The switch retaining ring on my sample was pretty tight. As they say, YMMV.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a Click recently, and mine unexpectedly came with all modes available... So with 8 modes to cycle through, I swapped in the reverse clicky switch. It's got a unique UI (for me anyway), and I found myself kind of working around the mode memory by switching it to moonlight before turning it off. For all that mode changing, I personally prefer reverse clicky. However, if it only had two modes programmed, I suppose forward vs. reverse, one isn't dramatically better than the other.

Anywho, I have the Quark tailcap tool (comes with extra boot covers and orings), so swapping the switch was a breeze. I believe that circlip (snap ring) pliers will also do the job quite well... But without the right tool, swapping switches would have been a bit more challenging. The switch retaining ring on my sample was pretty tight. As they say, YMMV.
Well crap. I have neither of those tools. I doubt they ship that tailcap tool with the new clicks too. Oh well, I will just see what I can do, or not do with it.

ronniepudding

Enlightened
Well crap. I have neither of those tools. I doubt they ship that tailcap tool with the new clicks too. Oh well, I will just see what I can do, or not do with it.

Look on the Foursevens accessories page, for "Quark Spare Boot Kit". It's a bit pricey at $9, but the tool works well on Quarks, and you can take off your CPF discount...

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look on the Foursevens accessories page, for "Quark Spare Boot Kit". It's a bit pricey at $9, but the tool works well on Quarks, and you can take off your CPF discount...
Thanks Ronnie! Yea 9 dollars gets you another complete pro switch! How do you get the CPF discount anyway?? I'm wasting money apparently!

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Foursevens question! If you order a la carte Preon parts from the Foursevens website, do the bodies\ tailcaps etc come with o rings? THANKS!

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are the Quark Clicks no longer being offered with the customized output settings??