Help a guy out...how much did you spend on lights this month!?

Radio

Modulated Moderator
Just off the top of my head, a got a couple of C2's, an L1 cree, an E1 Cree, 4 Arrc AAA's, 100 SF batteries and 100 Energizer batteries and all those FREE batteries from CVS :) and a lot more I can't think of right now, I need a 12 step program. :crackup:

I forgot the MULE from Don!!!! :D

See? I'm losing it!!!

Oh, and some stuff from B@rt!!!!!!

:laughing:

Radio

Modulated Moderator
Just off the top of my head, a got a couple of C2's, an L1 cree, an E1 Cree, 4 Arrc AAA's, 100 SF batteries and 100 Energizer batteries and all those FREE batteries from CVS :) and a lot more I can't think of right now, I need a 12 step program. :crackup:

See? I'm losing it!!!

Oh and I almost forgot the Malkoff Drop-ins!!!!

:shakehead

Radio

Modulated Moderator

See? I'm losing it!!!

Oh and I almost forgot the Malkoff Drop-ins!!!!

:shakehead

And another A2, almost forgot the A2 :D

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not much of a flashaholic, I've spent ~$16 on some new nimh AA's this month. Unless you count the electricity I've used to recharge batteries, then I might be up to $16.05.

:buddies:

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, made my first post, got a database error, refreshed, and this one posted too. Interesting.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last month I spent $600 on lights and batts.:broke: I bought an AE Xenide 20W for $300, bought an extended battery for it at $180, and $120 in CR123's. The month before I bought a Pila GL3 Cree for $75...:ohgeez:

I was going to buy a Xenide 25W bulb & ballast this month, but I didn't let temptation take me that far.:drool:

:sigh:

Dudemar

Last edited:

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I spent about $100 in December on lights: around $70 on a Fenix T1, and $30 or so on a camo Arc AAA (something like $25 plus USPS).

In the past months, my spending on knives has really gotten out of control. Folders, fixed blades, you name it. Spending on lights has really gone down, in part because I'm running out of lights that I want, and partially because I've jonesing for fixed blades like Ranger, Rat, Becker, etc.

Next on my list may be some kind of multi Cree creation from Mac or Milky, or perhaps to have a Gladius modded with a brighter emitter.

right on

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
There has got to be a lot of you that did worse this month than me...

This is the damage this month

SF M6
Fenix T1
Fenix LOD CE
Malkoff Drop In
Terralux Drop In
5 Boxes of SF123
20 AA Eneloops
UCL, Clips, Nyogel, Li-ions, etc

I broke the $500 limit I set for myself =(

now to order my KX2....I can't just have an empty E2e body just sitting there with no head!

Not enough damage this month I guess, just added a Nitecore Defender Infinity

paulr

Flashaholic
I'm trying to think, I don't remember buying any lights this month, though that may simply mean I've been doing it in my sleep or otherwise repressing the memory. However, the month is not yet over, and Peak LED's xmas sale is extended til the end of the year, so if I can get them on the phone on Monday, I may buy a Baltic SP ($40) plus a lug tail for my stainless Matterhorn ($15, I think) and if I really go crazy I might buy a couple other lights from them as well.

This year I had somewhat better finances than last year, and probably spent a little over $1K on lights (primarily a Spy 005 Ti Seoul and a McGizmo Ti PD Mule). These are both wonderful lights and with them I think I'm now pretty satisfied in terms of small high-end EDC's, so I don't foresee buying any other small lights that expensive anytime soon. 2007 was probably a flashlight spending record for me (no regrets). I'm also somewhat glutted on less expensive random lights. My shopping list for 2008 includes an HDS 70TR twisty ($165) and maybe a big LED thrower (multi-Cree) of some sort. I think, though, that one passes through different kinds of flashlight desire (the brightest, the smallest, the longest running) and eventually reaches nirvana, so with this year's two gems mentioned, I feel like I'm now in semi-retirement as a flashaholic, mostly content to just watch things go by.

carrot

Flashaholic
Let's see... $0.

In the past 6 months, I bought:
Surefire Cree E2L
Surefire G3
Surefire V70 Speed Holster
3x Arc-AAA Camo
Arc-AAA Premium DS

Next on my list is the HDS Twisty, whenever that may come out, and the Arc PD (Gransee seems to insist on calling it by the wrong nomenclature... he calls it the new Arc LS). As far as lights go, I think I'm pretty much where Paulr is.

Like Powernoodle, my knife-spending budget has been out of control. I don't care to add up those costs.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ouch, I had a pretty bad month in December. Here's the list:

Defender Infinity $70
Raidfire Spear $40
Olight T10 $60
Regalight $55
Proton Pro $65
2x 18650 cells $30

Right around $320. Damn! That's way worse than I expected. :laughing: I think it was the fact that both my Nitecore items were purchased at the beginning on November so I kinda forgot about them.
I usually sell lights that I don't find myself using all that often, so that I can fund future purchases. I know I've said this before but I told myself that after the Regalight comes in I'm not buying anything for at least 6 months!!! We'll see how long it lasts this time. :nana:

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr. V8, how does that limit go? $500 per month, $500 for December, the Christmas month, or $500 per year?

I hope I won't be a steady $500 a month. There are only a few more things on my hit list since I picked up the Nitecore today. Zebralight (waiting for the H30 to come out, although the H50 looks really nice), U2 (holding off a few months for possible upgrade), and maybe a T1 in black.

I've decided to build a 72hr Bug Out Kit for me and my gf. So I am done with lights for a while. It is a great excuse to spend some cash on some gear though
:)

''hunny, in case the big one hits, we'll be ready''

Burgess

Flashaholic
Wow . . . .

I feel better after reading this thread ! :whistle:

Haven't spent ANY money on lights this month.

Already HAVE a flashlight ! :nana:

(insert sound of evil laughter here)

:wave: ___ :devil:
_

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
About $80 but $60 was for gifts. Because of budget situations, I'm down to maybe $200-250 a year on lights. That is such a pitiful amount compared to many of you but think about the response you would get if you went up to a typical office worker and said you planned on spending $250 in the upcoming year on flashlights.

I love DX, reason being is how fast my more expensive lights get eclipsed in brightness by newer offerings. I can buy a higher rated DX light for about $20 which works fine around the house and not feel bad if LED technology eclipses it within a few months.

dim

Enlightened
$400!!

All were gifts for the holidays....OK....I kept a Fenix L1T for myself, um.. and SMJLED and TeraLux droppies....oh, yeah....and a few minimags too....

The rest.....will, hopefully, bring some light to someone in their darkest moments.

dim