Help: Looking for a Red/White AA flashlight

Stefan Something

Newly Enlightened
Greetings, I'm looking for a flashlight but there doesn't seem to be anything available on the market that meets my requirements. Was hoping you folks might be able to point me in the right direction.

Requirements:
1. Both red and white light
2. Uses 1 AA battery
3. Has a hat clip.
3. Output >200 lumens

Bit of background, I'm a pilot and need a light that will not ruin my night vision but is also strong enough to do a walkaround of the plane. Also, end up in some random places so being able to use AA batteries in a pinch is important. Would like to wear it on the brim of my hat to save on needing a headlamp.

So far, I found:
- ACEBEAM Pokelit (my everyday flashlight) - but no red light
- Coast Dual Color LED Flashlight - but it doesn't take AA batteries or clip to a hat
- Wurkkos TS10 - but doesn't work with AA batteries

Thanks so much for any advice you may have. Many thanks!

Burgess

Flashaholic
Just noticed you also required
a clip for Hat attachment --

Sofirn SP10 Pro includes such a clip.
And you can Fully Program the Anduril
interface to go as DIM as you wish !

The *ONLY* 1x14500 cell Anduril flashlight
I've ever found, which will Also accept
plain ol' AA alkaline cells, also !

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
If they're still being made, the Photo Proton from LRI is worth a look.

Edit: it looks like it still may be available.

thermal guy

Flashaholic

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
My suggestion is to make your own slip on red filter. I have used swatch books very successfully in the past.
To the best of my knowledge there are only more expensive custom/semi-custom lights out there in the retail world.
You could try and do an amazon search for one, but it may come back with many cheaper brands that I would not buy.
Another option is to check eBay and Craigslist for a used one.
GL

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
If they're still being made, the Photo Proton from LRI is worth a look.

+ 1

I absolutely adore my Proton Photon Pro (Battery Junction had a sale), the adjustable white/red output is great, 125 Lumen+ is adequate (decent runtime on an AA), my current EDC 😁

The pocket clip is inverted but a cap/hat clip could be repurposed from another light, Streamlight for example make these reversible clips (part number SR660032)

Screenshot_20230902-091715_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited:

Stefan Something

Newly Enlightened
Thanks so much for all the responses, really helpful. Knew I would get some ideas.

@letschat7 haha had the same feeling about those Coast lights.

@Burgess I'll give the low white a try and see how it works out. Thanks for the recommendation.

@this_is_nascar thanks for the recommendation, this may work but would need to figure out if I could fashion a hat clip.

@thermal guy I was looking through Nitecore's site and couldn't find one, if you do remember the name let me know.

@Got Lumens? If you have any recommendations for custom lights that might work let me know. I would have went with the Emisar D4K but not being able to charge it without a separate charger and/or not being able to use standard batteries is not ideal

@M@elstrom Thanks for the Streamlight clip idea, looks like this is going to be my next purchase along with the Proton Photon Pro.

Feel free to keep the recommendations coming, if anything else comes to folks minds. Many thanks again!

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Lumentop Tool AA would address your form factor, high output & hat clip requirements but would require a red lens diffuser (of your choosing), accessories are a great option but often the first thing to get misplaced 😉

Stefan Something

Newly Enlightened
@thermal guy Thanks! Having the extra lumens in the Nitecore MT10C vs Proton Photon Pro seems like a good call. I could compromise on the AA battery side of things and settle for carrying some extra CR123's.

@M@elstrom Knowing me, I'm sure I would lose those red adapters.

If any other options come to mind, let me know. Thanks!

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
If willing. and if You can find, the older FourSevens Red, Green. Blue, White Quark would fill Your desired needs.
They are the older legacy 47's lights that are 15+ years old. They were powered by 2X CR123, but will function flawlessly