Help with taillight im casting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lza555

Newly Enlightened
I need some help with a taillight I'm casting for my motorcycle. For the brake light I have one of custom dynamics led pucks but I want to add a super bright led that I can use to light up the area when I camp and to ward off the occasional tailgater. I need the brightest bulb and socket that is under an inch and a half that will run on 12 volt. Any help would be appreciated.

souperdoo

Newly Enlightened
I can certainly understand your desire for a camp light. It would seem to me that a Powerlet port and any one of the many 10W LED spot lamps marketed on e-Bay from the Land of China, with an extension cord and some sort of clamp, would serve better.

As to setting up a bright light to daze, confuse, and anger the clueless drivers of 3000+ pound deadly weapons, I think that might be illegal and ill-advised.

Better to be aware, speed up, move over, wave them around and get on with life.

Donning my best Nomex,

Tom

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need some help with a taillight I'm casting for my motorcycle. For the brake light I have one of custom dynamics led pucks
You should take that toy out of your taillamp and put the bulb it was designed to use back then. If you had to hack up your lens and/or reflector to install the toy, you need a new taillamp.

Be advised that per the Sticky:

Be mindful that there are a lot of bad ideas and bad products in the vehicle lighting world. All of them are hyped and promoted as great ideas. CPF Rule 11 is particularly important here because of the safety concerns with motor vehicles and their lighting.
This means (among other things):

• Homemade headlamps, taillamps, stop lamps, turn signals, fog lamps, etc, are not safe, effective, or legal. We will not help you build or troubleshoot them. We will not argue this point.

As to the "warding off the occasional tailgater": No. You're not finding the help you want on that-- you're finding the help you need. This help says "No, do not do this because it is dangerous and will get somebody hurt badly."

Last edited:

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
I need some help with a taillight I'm casting for my motorcycle. For the brake light I have one of custom dynamics led pucks but I want to add a super bright led that I can use to light up the area when I camp and to ward off the occasional tailgater. I need the brightest bulb and socket that is under an inch and a half that will run on 12 volt. Any help would be appreciated.

What you're asking about is illegal and unsafe -- every bit of it, from the homemade light to the "LED puck" to a super-bright revenge-light you want to put on your bike. Rule 11 of this board prohibits advocating illegal or dangerous activity, so this thread ends here.

Status
Not open for further replies.