• Modded HID Thor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UK Light Cannon 10w HID

• Modded M*g 10w HID

• Kumkang 35w HID

• Surefire Beast 35w HID (BP or reg. reflector)

• Kenrad PSL 35w HID

• Crocodile I 35w HID

• Crocodile II 35w HID

• Sway's Lightforce Blitz 35/50w HID

• Kenrad UDL 35w HID

• Maxabeam

• Megaray

• Total voters

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmmm....$350 for 2 50 watt ballasts and ignitors + another $0-$70 at least for two DS2's. Total project cost could be about $500 I suppose. My body would be a Thor I guess. It has a really big reflector and dosn't cost to much. I think it would be cheaper just to use 3 regular 35watt ballasts, bulbs, and ignitors. That would still make it one of the brightest HID's around. Maybe I should wait for the 15 MCP Thor to come out. The newer, bigger reflector will help because the 9 incher on the 10 MCP Thor may not focus such a large light point well enough.

java_man

Newly Enlightened
There is only a single focal point in a parabolic reflector, any additional bulbs would throw out-of-focus beams at crazy angles.
The short arc HID lamps, including d2 and the other auto lamps have a smaller source size than a typical 55 or 80 watt incan..if anything..you will get a tighter beam with the HIDs
The thors make great upgrade lights because of the roomy case and big reflectors

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya, shortly after I typed that I realized it was impossible and pretty stupid of me. I got caught up in moment I guess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have a fairly simple but VERY HIGH POWERED mod that I plan on doing soon. I KNOW the one I'm planning will work.....and it might even TOAST the Sleeper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif . But, you'll have to wait for any details on that one!!!

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be a little worried about the starting voltage (since with about 20,000 volts flying out of each one) I'd worry there may be some cross over. Plus, it would be a flood type light, since all the hotspots would be out of the focal spot. I think heat would not be ab issue, since they are only 35 watts and a lot of that is converted very efficiently to light, so nothing would melt.

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
How can you toast the Sleeper, that's 600 watts of incan and soon to 1,000 or more. That's a lot to toast, but I hope to be surprised.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll see cheesehead /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

(I hope /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif )

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
But you might have to wait a while. I am 14 and this is my slowest time of year for earning money /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

I'm *hoping* to start this and finish it in March with some looooong hours put in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, for a project light, March is not that far off. Just remember, the reflector can never be TOO big and you can never have TOO much power. Good luck, looking forward to it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
hehe. And now Sway is telling me to stay away from big incans......LOL. Not that I'm using an incan or anything /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif

SWAY!!!!!!! Don't tell anything I may have hinted at!!!!

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm....your right cheesehead,

but Sway is serious about me not doing this mod so it may not happen. He has good reasoning, and I definitly want to fallow someone's words who are much more experienced than I.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry cheese, I'm not doin' the mod. I was convinced that it was to expensive and that it wouldn't turn out the way I wanted. I was planning on using a large incan., but I was told that pictures of lights such as the Sleeper are overrated. I will do this eventually though. When I know more about what I'm doing.

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
It may be too expensive, but pics of the Sleeper are not over-rated, the aircraft landing lights are VERY VERY bright /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Maxabeam and the Megaray are head to head with the Beast not to far ahead. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Keep voting!!!!!!

I'm glad to see Sway's Blitz got a vote finally; that would have been my second choice but I just love the Maxabeam so much!

Cheese, I sent you a PM.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, they both are very hungry. That we know for sure. That might be one thing holding me back from even attempting to get a Beast. Even if the batteries were free, it'd probably **** me off to put in 20 batteries every 80-90 minutes!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick2.gif