Hinderer XM-18 production version?

carrot

Flashaholic
I'm trying to procure an XM-18 myself. Thought the $350+ price tag was expensive, but it's a beautiful knife, and tough to boot... and when I handled it at Hinderer's booth at NYCKS, well, I was ready to fork over double to the man himself just to have one on the spot. Since he wasn't selling his display models at the time I settled on a Sebenza (boo hoo).

I'm biding my time until I can afford one... but I want an orange scaled XM-18.

carrot

Flashaholic
On a Sebenza? That could be arranged... CRK does custom anodizing jobs on the non-locking face of the Sebenzas. I don't think Hinderer does dual color knives but the G10 is interchangeable; you can buy any old XM-18 and get a new G10 slab from him or one of his dealers.

greenLED

Flashaholic
I didn't know CRK did custom Ti anodizing. I was actually thinking of the XM-18. I saw mention of the green/black somewhere on USN. I wouldn't want the toxic green, but kelly green/black would :rock:

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as the Strider/Buck models go, I've have had a few 881's and they were bomb-proof. One in BG42 and another in ATS34. I've never seen another liner lock that compares with the 880 and 881 from Buck.

The 882 and 889 are pretty impressive, but less so than the 880 and 881, IMO.

schiesz

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
On a Sebenza? That could be arranged... CRK does custom anodizing jobs on the non-locking face of the Sebenzas. I don't think Hinderer does dual color knives but the G10 is interchangeable; you can buy any old XM-18 and get a new G10 slab from him or one of his dealers.

I have never seen one (at least never seen them do ONE for someone), but that doesn't mean they don't do it.

If you really wanted the dual color, i'd get a XM-18 or Sebenza and then get a custom maker to create a new front scale for you out of Green/Black two tone G10.

Link to the G10 at a knife kit site: http://www.knifekits.com/store/s-pages/kk_store_1mainframe.htm?kk_products_handles_main.htm~smain

schiesz

greenLED

Flashaholic
Had a chance to check out the Gerber Torch at REI the other day. I wasn't impressed.

The mini-Grip feels and operates a whooooole lot better.

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the only orders he'll take are from active military, fire, and law enforcement officers. So if you're one of them, you may be in luck.

I'd really like a 3 inch XM-18, this guy is a little big in pocket:

IMG_1084aw.jpg

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
The XM-18 is my fav. edc folder of all time.
I ve manage to snag mine over BF and CKG. They do come in dual color tone G10.

I am not a full fledge rescuer but does get activated back to the base every year or when needed. Its one tough mofo folder that I could depend my life on!

IMHO the next best thing to the XM18 are striders SNG and SMF (Mick stunts aside but the blade are just purely hardcore).

nightgaunt

Newly Enlightened
I believe the only orders he'll take are from active military, fire, and law enforcement officers. So if you're one of them, you may be in luck.

I'd really like a 3 inch XM-18, this guy is a little big in pocket:

IMG_1084aw.jpg

I hope to find one with the jade green G10 this year at Blade...one of the few knives that I feel I MUST have...