Hit a deer tonight! Was a cool reason to use my ne

glen

Newly Enlightened
So, I just recently got this flashlight addiction, thanks to the good people here. I keep an Arc AAA on the key chain, and the SF L4 in the car. I figured "one day" I will need it. I also figured that "one day" was very far off, and maybe even unlikely. Well, I got the SF L4 just a week ago, and the Pila battery Charger yesterday. A few hours ago, I saw the deer as he was bouncing off my car. Was cool to have a very nice useful light in this situation. I had it because I now have a sense that you need to have one around all the time, and because of the battery charger and the small size of the L4, I have it full charged and in the car at all times. On a side note, the L4 was smaller and more useful than anything the 5 different police who arrived had with them.

Turt

Enlightened
hmm... I wonder if a deer would stand and stare if you came running at it shining an L4 at its eyes.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
but don'tcha which you had a tigerlight or m6 in the car to really show off to the police? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

how is your car? are you particularly fond of venison, or was this just for the "sport" of it?

glen

Newly Enlightened
It happened so fast, I basically realized what happened AFTER it had happened.
Bumper is ok, but the lights are damaged.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a good thing you're not hurt, although I might not be able to say the same for the deer... Hitting things like a cow on the road at 65mph is NEVER any good (speaking from first hand experience... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif )

On topic more: I think it's a necessity, not just a convenience, to have a light inside your car at all times...

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
This was about 10 years ago now, but I had a friend driving home one evening and he hit a deer, completely disabling his car. Course, he was stupid in that the deer was in the road, he saw it, then the deer stepped into the other lane and he accelerated again thinking it was out of his way. Of course it moved back into his way as he was passing... But, the story gets better, the very next night driving home in a rental car he hit another deer just 2 miles from the first spot! And completely totaled the rental car. I haven't asked him how many he has hit since then!

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
At least it wasn't a new 7 series... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

Was it fun making the cops there feel inadequate?

Good luck getting the car fixed!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Hit a deer tonight! Was a cool reason to use m

this thing makes noise that alerts the deer, I haven't tried it, but it looks promising -- also there are comparisons with other units..
.. if you know you are entering deer territory..you can switch it on from inside the car.. it's magnetic so it's instantly removable;

http://www.911phone.net/Alert.htm

hokiefritz

Newly Enlightened
I posted a story about my bull Stewart getting out in the middle of the night and running around the now suburban neighborhood a while back. The police were helping us look for him because someone called 911 after sighting him. It took us all a couple of rainy hours in the middle of the night to find him because he was running all over the place. Tigerlights ruled over what the police had. :)

Latest posts