Here are the new P1 & P2 MK III in Satin Nickel & P2 MK III in Copper:
https://i.imgur.com/ou6dUO7.jpg
Added in the MK II P1 in Copper:
https://i.imgur.com/0nmmui2.jpg
Prometheus Lights/MK III Four Sevens photo:
https://i.imgur.com/jb40lEN.jpg
The whole Preon Family:
https://i.imgur.com/6imasEP.jpg
Initial impression is....Excellent, Exactly what I expected! Awesome tint, easy programming(took all of 2 minutes to program all 3 lights as I wanted). Hint: Jason has a Utube video if you need help. I personally find it easier to turn the light on, then unscrew the head until just a tiny bit after it goes off-then apply pressure to the head so the light flashes with each push, counting to 10; it then flashes to define it's current mode. The NIMH batteries work great. I can't wait to see the next Four Seven's release!

kimloris

Newly Enlightened
Cool preon family picture.
Glad to see that people are starting receiving theirs.
Will have to be patient myself since I only preordered a few days before Christmas.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will have to be patient myself since I only preordered a few days before Christmas.

Interesting, I ordered my P1 on New Years Eve and I have had it for a few days. Maybe tbey are sending them out alphabetically or something?

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did You also pre-order Prometheus Beta's? That might be holding your order?
Please email [email protected] and inquire about your order. It could be lost/stolen or some delay of some sort. You will get a specific reply to your order.

Interesting, I ordered my P1 on New Years Eve and I have had it for a few days. Maybe tbey are sending them out alphabetically or something?
Yes, Only my FourSevens have arrived here on the east coast.

Last edited:

kimloris

Newly Enlightened
My credit card got charged on Wednesday 1/16 morning and I got a confirmation email from "The Prometheus Pre-Orders Team" so I think that my order should be okay.
I did order a P1 Copper, a beta UV and a beta red.

Did you get an email with a tracking number at some point or the light just showed up?
The confirmation email just has a link that says that my order is locked down (see screenshot)
e6b120e92244633b5e8f0eb3288d375c.jpg

Did You also pre-order Prometheus Beta's? That might be holding your order?
Please email [email protected] and inquire about your order. It could be lost/stolen or some delay of some sort. You will get a specific reply to your order.

Yes, Only my FourSevens have arrived here on the east coast.

Last edited:

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
My credit card got charged on Wednesday 1/16 morning and I got a confirmation email from "The Prometheus Pre-Orders Team" so I think that my order should be okay.
I did order a P1 Copper, a beta UV and a beta red.

Did you get an email with a tracking number at some point or the light just showed up?
The confirmation email just has a link that says that my order is locked down (see screenshot)
Locked down just means that You can not make any add on's or deletions to your order, not being frozen or held up. To the best of my knowledge all orders that had only Foursevens products have/are shipping. Creating and logging into your backer account shows Shipping notifications and all information associated with the pre-order. It lets You manage shipping addresses, email, and other individual pre-orders. Using just the email notification links logs You in a s guest and does not have the functionality of creating a Backerkit account. This pre-order is managed through Backerkit to ensure everyone gets what they have ordered. You should be OK, please email support if You need help with your order.

Last edited:
Also from the DS website. Hope you don't mind the copy n paste.

~ Cg
DimensionsLength: 2.38 inches
Body diameter: 0.8 inches
Head diameter: 0.96 inches
Weight (with batteries): 1.8 oz
LED EmitterCREE XPL-HI (4500K / 75+CRI)
Voltage range2.0V-4.2V
Beam Distance200m
Brightness LevelsWith RCR123A High Discharge Battery:
Low (Moonlight): 1.5 lumens, 90 hrs
Medium: 35 lumens, 9 hrs
High 300 lumens 60 min
Max/Burst 700 lumens, 50 min

Ordered one tonight. :)

~ cG

SyvFUgJ.jpg

kimloris

Newly Enlightened
Got a confirmation email with a tracking number yesterday.
My 3 lights should show up on Friday.
Too bad it was not indicated that the Prometheus and the 4Sevens would ship on different schedule, I would have made 2 distinct orders.

Locked down just means that You can not make any add on's or deletions to your order, not being frozen or held up. To the best of my knowledge all orders that had only Foursevens products have/are shipping. Creating and logging into your backer account shows Shipping notifications and all information associated with the pre-order. It lets You manage shipping addresses, email, and other individual pre-orders. Using just the email notification links logs You in a s guest and does not have the functionality of creating a Backerkit account. This pre-order is managed through Backerkit to ensure everyone gets what they have ordered. You should be OK, please email support if You need help with your order.

archer6817j

Enlightened
Too bad it was not indicated that the Prometheus and the 4Sevens would ship on different schedule, I would have made 2 distinct orders.

We also don't know that the shipping would have to be separated, but the Prometheus shipment arrived a couple weeks late. I think that's not bad considering we launched 12 new lights at the same time from two different manufacturers :) We did say lights would ship in January, and we are currently 100% shipped before the end of the month. In my book that's a win.

kimloris

Newly Enlightened
We also don't know that the shipping would have to be separated, but the Prometheus shipment arrived a couple weeks late. I think that's not bad considering we launched 12 new lights at the same time from two different manufacturers :) We did say lights would ship in January, and we are currently 100% shipped before the end of the month. In my book that's a win.

It was more of an observation than a complaint...
Okay, maybe a little whining then... but finding out that people who ordered many days after you are receiving their lights before you... well, that would make anyone a little whiny.

I am very satisfied with the overall process. I did only get charged as the order was about to ship and I will receive the lights exactly within the estimated timeframe. It's a win, I fully agree.

If, like me, you backed the Boundary Errant backpack, you have a good idea of what a poorly executed project and missed estimated delivery dates are...

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got the notification that the Brass Beta QR V-2 is back in stock. That completes my Beta QR Collection, but since I only was able to preorder 3 of the new MK III Preons I have a long way to go. How soon do you expect the new Quarks to arrive?(I have to decide between starting my new Quark collection or trying to simultaneously build Quark and complete the MK III Preon Collection)....

I just got the notification that the Brass Beta QR V-2 is back in stock. That completes my Beta QR Collection, but since I only was able to preorder 3 of the new MK III Preons I have a long way to go. How soon do you expect the new Quarks to arrive?(I have to decide between starting my new Quark collection or trying to simultaneously build Quark and complete the MK III Preon Collection)....

I read sometime in March.

~ Cg

kimloris

Newly Enlightened
They finally arrived to their new home !
The rest of the family is overjoyed.
d4271699869f4da10182230d63b33899.jpg

(Disclaimer: no harm was done to my daughter's baby dolls during the photo shoot)

Last edited:

Latest posts