Homebrewing!

Kremer

Enlightened
And the most fun part: I splurged on a kegging system!

you won't regret it. I took a 5 year hiatus from brewing because I was tired of dealing with 50+ bottles every batch. Once I got to kegging I never looked back.

nbp

Flashaholic
I think it will really improve the quality of the product, and the fun of dispensing it. :twothumbs:

Will be brewing this weekend, so I should be able to keg in 3-4 weeks.

nbp

Flashaholic
Kegged my amber ale today and am working on carbonating it. Tested it out and the system works awesome for dispensing!

Got it in the fridge and hooked up allowing it to equilibrate as the beer cools further.

3uqyvyse.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic
I'm brewing a British ESB today and collaborating with a pint glass to try to finish what's in the keg so I can wash it out and have it ready for the ESB when it's done.

:drunk: :grin2:

Would love for this thread to pick up a bit. :poke:

nbp

Flashaholic
I'm too busy buying everyone else's craft brews to try to make my own..

Oh, I do that too my friend, I rarely ever buy something I have had before and never from the "big names". I try new stuff all the time. But making your own is fun and delicious. Not to mention how nice it is to have fresh beer on tap in your house. :naughty:

:popcorn:

Just going to munch on this... waiting on some beer...

Couple weeks Austin, and you'll have to pop by to test the new batch. :eek:oo:

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brewing always looks so fun and easy, but I know from a few friends that it is not so easy.

I keep trying to convince one of them to make a nice Pils, but so far, no takers. It is really hard to find a good Pils in the US that is anything close to even the average, everyday Pils you find all over Germany.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
It is really hard to find a good Pils in the US that is anything close to even the average, everyday Pils you find all over Germany.

A little brewery in Pennsylvania has your answer; Victory Prima, one of the world's highest rated pilsners. Truly the sports car of beers - lightweight body and beautifully balanced. Highly recommended:

ibizChG9rpy4T3.jpg

Megatrowned

Enlightened
Couple weeks Austin, and you'll have to pop by to test the new batch. :eek:oo:

Ill just bring some popcorn and camp out in your basement. Won't even know I'm there (until the beer disappears) :grin2:

A good beer I had recently was call "Chris" (named after the person who made it) from Lakefront Brewery, in Milwaukee Wi. It's a maple vanilla doppelbock. It definitely gets :twothumbs Worth a mug full if you can get one.

nbp

Flashaholic
Flashlights and beer! :rock:

I love Lakefront, never had that one though.

Met the founder and president of Lakefront a couple months ago. He was less interesting than I had hoped, lol. Their beer is good though.

Megatrowned

Enlightened
I do need to go on the Lakefront Brewery tour, I've heard it is good. And I will have to try and find that Victory Prima! It looks delicious!

nbp

Flashaholic
I put a batch of IPA in the fermenter last week and it made me think to bump up this thread. Any other home-brewers out there making anything yummy? :buddies:

Toolboxkid

Enlightened
Going to make a batch today. its a spin off of hopslam... I call it hop swamp.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Toolboxkid

Enlightened
Awesome! Extract or all grain? Your recipe or did you get it somewhere?

Drinking it.

For this particular recipe, extracts are used. It was the first beer I ever brewed, and to this day the best beer I've ever had. Since then I've switched to all grain brewing, but can't seem to get the same flavor as I did with these extracts so giving it another go.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums