how are those 4000 mAh KingKong (King Kong) 26650 Li-ion cells?

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
so I am now foraying into larger batteries and I've seen on intl-outdoor for a while now and at other places "KINGKONG INR26650E 4000MAH LI-ION BATTERY"

...for sale, but are they legitimate? are those really 4000 mAh? anyone bought them yet and have experiences?

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have 3 of them, i have not personally tested the capacity, but in comparison to other batteries i have, they last FOREVER

bstrickler

Enlightened
thanks guys! so they're just as good as the MNKE cells, then?

That's the general consensus, but I've found them harder to obtain than the MNKE cells. I do know personally that the MNKE's don't care about being discharged at ~13A, though, and can be obtained from a CPF dealer for $15/each if you're in the CONUS.

jezdec

Newly Enlightened
Just bought 4 king kong ICR 26650 from http://intl-outdoor.com and they look OK.
When I got them, they were at diferent voltages, but after rechargeing they seem to
drop voltage equaly.....I use them in series (two) in flashlight with Taskled driver
which is set to cut them off at 6V.
As I understand they also have built in prottection which would cut them off at 5.5V (2.75V each)

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Just bought 4 king kong ICR 26650 from http://intl-outdoor.com and they look OK.
When I got them, they were at diferent voltages, but after rechargeing they seem to
drop voltage equaly.....I use them in series (two) in flashlight with Taskled driver
which is set to cut them off at 6V.
As I understand they also have built in prottection which would cut them off at 5.5V (2.75V each)

Cells are shipped/stored at a partial charge as that is easier on them than being stored drained or at full charge....so you always charge them up when you get them and plan to use them.

The IMR cells are not protected, because they ARE IMR cells, and don't tend to go :poof: the way the ICR ones do, etc.

They are ~ 4.2 v at full charge (4.18 v, or so after resting) and in series, you could get ~ 7.4 v (2 in series).

The IMR versions can support higher amp flows.

Latest posts