How did you end up at CPF?

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
I was searching for the newest-greatest light for a hunting trip and came across the ARC website. Once I saw the ARC LS I thought I might be in big trouble. I clicked the link to CPF and then knew I was in big trouble.

cosco

Newly Enlightened
Do not remember. It was or a search for led lights or through LED museum. Maybe it were both ways joined together at Craig site and I have been here since.

Greta

Flashaholic
DavidW asked me to help him out with the software and maintenance.

A short story of how small the world is...

DavidW created CPF. Craig found CPF through Brock. Come to find out, DavidW and Craig went to school together... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Luminocity

Newly Enlightened
I honestly cannot remember how I found CPF, but I do know that my flashaholic expeditures skyrocketed after I found this great community two years ago!

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm... I don't remember the order exactly, but a co-worker of mine got a Photon II and a Streamlight Scorpion as gifts. After playing with those a short while I was hooked so I scoured the internet via Google for more info. I found Craigs web site and CPF. I can't remember which led me to which (no pun intended /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ). I registered a month or so after finding CPF. I remember reading and reading CPF for days finding all kinds of info. First I purchased a PT Rage and a bunch of Photon II's for Christmas presents. Then I got a got a Surefire 8NX for work. Boy was that bright, but it was kind of big and heavy for carrying around so... I got a good deal on a used E2 HA. Then sold the E2 to buy an L4. Now awaiting my VIP I plan to sell my L4 soon.

OK maybe that was more info than you aked for. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Spudman

Enlightened
I got an arc LS second in a knife trade at bladeforums. RevJim was a member of both forums and pointed me in this direction.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, one night I'm out doing shots of cheap tequila with my buddies. I may have overdone it a bit. Next thing I know, I wake up in "The Cafe", naked, and with the word "Loser" scrawled across my forehead. Those guys! Anyway, I've stuck around here ever since.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found it last October when browsing the web for high end flashlight info. I joined minutes later when I discovered that I was not alone. This is the only site that I take the time for.

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Joe Talmadge said:
So, one night I'm out doing shots of cheap tequila with my buddies. I may have overdone it a bit. Next thing I know, I wake up in "The Cafe", naked, and with the word "Loser" scrawled across my forehead. Those guys! Anyway, I've stuck around here ever since.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking for LEDs to build a head light for my bicycle and started the research. Stumbled across Craig's LED museum and those new Luxeons. Linked out of the LED museum to the CPF and started reading.
A few weeks later I joined and been blowing $$$ ever since.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don`t know. I guess the wind just sort of carried me here.....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

vtunderground

Enlightened
After my Maglite kept crapping out at the worst possible times, I spent an evening stumbling around in the dark of the internet trying to find something better. Eventually came across flashlightreviews.com (great site). From there I found CPF. Been lurking ever since.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Bid on an eternaLight on eBay...got a great deal, Gandalf contacted me (he was going to bid on that light as well)...aimed me this way and as Craig says..the rest is history.

Certainly a GREAT find! The CPF is so much more than "wood on the fire" of a Flashaholic's hobby! There's alot of good members registered here and the CPF is well maintained, a pleasure to log on and participate!

I'd always been a "Flashaholic" and just never knew it! I collected, and searched for the brightest, smallest, longest running torches I could find...CPF did indeed help to aim me in the right direction and put a major dent in my finances! But hey, it's a hobby (or obsession or a little of each! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

naromtap

Enlightened
Interesting how many ppl appear to have first came across this site whilst in pursuit of LED's! My mitigating circumstances also!

RH

Enlightened
Someone at TimeZone mentioned an Arc AAA and this forum. I came to check it out and just kept coming back. I found that I enjoyed these forums so much (cpf, TZ, etc) I started my own forum!

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found out about CPF when I was trying to get me something better than the M@g solitaire for my keyring, Did a search and found Brock's site and it led me here to CPF. and been here since 2001.

Alex

Brock

Flashaholic
David W said he wanted to start a new board and asked if I would help, I said sure and emailed Craig (Led Museum) and told hom to come join the fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif