How do I explain to my wife that I just placed 4 seperate orders today for new EDC's?

Schnotts

Newly Enlightened
Re: How do I explain to my wife that I just placed 4 seperate orders today for new EDC's?

Thats not so bad. My wife went on a trip overseas with her dad and sister a few months ago and while she was gone I went out and bought a Ski-doo Mach Z (snowmachine). She got over it... Heeee

creampuff

Newly Enlightened
Nereus said:
She will remember, unfortunately. She will just do a three-nanosecond prioritising in her mind when watching the red lipstick on your collar and she will discuss the flashlights later. But she will discuss them, also...

Also keep in mind that after seeing CPF in your favourite web sites list she may have got curious and she may even have read this thread... never underestimate women.
smile.gif

-N

Very true.

Bottom line: You cannot win.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: How do I explain to my wife that I just placed 4 seperate orders today for new EDC's?

I just say I need new Tools

sims2k

Enlightened

But my other half never understand why I spent that much money on my SF L2, Fenix L2DCE, SF U2, and foremost the Wiseled Tactical. She bought plastic flashlights from our local Walmart for less than 10 bucks...

Daekar

Enlightened
MacTech said:
to be prepared for the inevitable Zombie uprising, of course.... ;)

Oh good that means I'm prepared... I've got ~800 rouunds of 8mm Mauser, 300 rounds of 7.62x54r, goodness knows how much 22lr, ~800 of 7.62x39, and about 200 rounds left of .223 for my newest baby. Been looking at concealed carry pistols in 9mm or 40S&W (leaning toward XD Subcompact) ever since that thing at Virginia Tech too... and my girlfriend hates pistols. Don't know why... she'd rather see me buy $500 in lights than guns...

Of course the amusing thing is, as I accumulate lights, I'll need to have a place to keep them, sort of like the guns. Anybody have a "light safe" next to their gun safe? :)

creampuff

Newly Enlightened
Daekar said:
Oh good that means I'm prepared... I've got ~800 rouunds of 8mm Mauser, 300 rounds of 7.62x54r, goodness knows how much 22lr, ~800 of 7.62x39, and about 200 rounds left of .223 for my newest baby. Been looking at concealed carry pistols in 9mm or 40S&W (leaning toward XD Subcompact) ever since that thing at Virginia Tech too... and my girlfriend hates pistols. Don't know why... she'd rather see me buy $500 in lights than guns...

Of course the amusing thing is, as I accumulate lights, I'll need to have a place to keep them, sort of like the guns. Anybody have a "light safe" next to their gun safe? :)

This brings up a good point - have several other hobbies that are more dangerous than flashlights. This way when the 4 boxes come in you can just say, I was going to buy the new Vltor stock for my AR, but I am getting the flashlight parts instead. Or I couldn't buy any Claymore mines online, so I bought the Huntlight instead. Hopefully she will be relieved that you are spending time in the less dangerous of other hobbies.

BTW, my ammo count is getting too high, that it is warping the shelves, that they rest on.

KuoH

Newly Enlightened
That would be grounds for divorce...if you were a true flashaholic.

KuoH

sims2k said:
She bought plastic flashlights from our local Walmart for less than 10 bucks...

KuoH

Newly Enlightened
Careful, they might mistake you for the person who started the shooting.

KuoH

Daekar said:
Been looking at concealed carry pistols in 9mm or 40S&W (leaning toward XD Subcompact) ever since that thing at Virginia Tech too...

alberto

Enlightened

"Honey, I was looking at that new $65,000 sports car, but decided to just buy four flashlights instead, to save money." Works for me.

ckthorp

Newly Enlightened

alberto said:
"Honey, I was looking at that new $65,000 sports car, but decided to just buy four flashlights instead, to save money." Works for me.
My problem is that before making this excuse, I'd be tempted to actually look at the car (for research purposes only...). Then I'd end up with a car and four flashlights. I'll just stick with "you knew I was into gadgets when you married me."

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmmm how about just be honest.
"Hey honey, I just bought a few lights... from a couple different stores actually because I found some good deals."

If you act like you did something wrong, then you'll be treated like you did something wrong. There's nothing wrong with buying some lights. The sooner you start standing up for this the easier it will be.

frasera

Newly Enlightened

control over light was fundamental to human development:)