How do you carry your EDC?

chef4850

Enlightened
I guess it depends on what light is with me at the time. If I am carring a NEX it is in my pocket. If it is the TK10 (little too big for pants pocket) it is in a holster. I guess I fine that I am using the smaller lights (so I do not have to use the holster) just more convient. Usually in a empty pocket with out keys and such.

chef

Narcosynthesis

Newly Enlightened
My normal light EDC is a Fenix LD01 in my pocket, backed up with a Fenix L1T and Petzl headlight in my bag (or pocket if I am anticipating needing a light and want to carry something above the LD01)

The LD01 is carried in a small wallet in my pocket that holds the rest of my EDC (so it can all be easily removed as one rather than fishing out a collection of loose items every time I change trousers) which holds everything securely in place where I want it.

I am not normally a fan of belt EDC, as I prefer having everything kept hidden, except when I am camping and the L1T and knife go on my belt for easy access.

As for the 'one is none, two is one' approach, I partly follow the rule... Normally I don't *need* a light all that regularly, so only carry the LD01 and can easily make do without if necessary, but if I anticipate needing a light beyond looking in the back of cupboards or finding loose change under the car seat then I carry the L1T so I have a bigger main light and the LD01 as a backup. so 'two is one' when needed...

hivoltage

Enlightened
You all mention a holster....what kind of holster. I am looking for a quality belt holster to carry my single cell 123 light ( Jeatbeam Jet II). Anybody know of one I could get? Thanks.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Quark AAw came with a holster. So did my MG L-mini II. The LF5XT didn't, but it fits okay in the L-mini holster (the holster is a bit too big, but I'll live with it).

If none of your lights came with holsters, I've seen holsters for sale at bass pro (check both the flashlight isle and the pocket knife isle) and at the local surplus stores. I've never checked Lowes or Home Depot, but I bet they probably have something in the isle with the knee pads, toolbelts, and industrial cell phone holders...:whistle:

--flatline

Last edited:

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
You all mention a holster....what kind of holster. I am looking for a quality belt holster to carry my single cell 123 light ( Jeatbeam Jet II). Anybody know of one I could get? Thanks.

You can buy holsters from 4sevens. Given they have 1x and 2x AA and 123 they'll probably have something that will work for you. They're very good quality; much better made than the Fenix ones.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not normally a fan of belt EDC, as I prefer having everything kept hidden, except when I am camping and the L1T and knife go on my belt for easy access.

Word.

I would carry on my belt more, but most holsters stick up a half inch or so and end up rubbing against my side or back (yeah, I need to lose a few lbs.) which is incredibly irritating. If I tuck my shirt in between then everyone can see my light, or my knife, etc. and I'd rather not advertise I'm carrying a bunch of stuff like that.

With the carabiner for my L1T I can freely transfer it between my belt loop and messenger bag with a minimum of fuss, and since I wear rugby shirts most every day, they cover it nicely and I can stay low-pro with all my C, R, A, P. (One of the primary reasons I just got my SOG Flash II, the fantastic clip it has, not to mention the *nearly* switchblade like action it has.)

maskman

Newly Enlightened

mknewman

Newly Enlightened
I carry mine in my left pants pocket with a knife. The knife is in a leather sheath that came from McHenry Williams with the knife so it doesn't damage the light.

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also carry my RA in my pocket with my Sebenza which is in a leather case!