How do you carry your headlamp?

K31Scout

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a bottle of Crown Royal Maple with a brown bag that would go well with my Zebralight. :) I normally use them for camera lenses. When I'm carrying the ZB, it's on top of my cap otherwise I don't carry it. I have never carried a backpack but wear cargo pants and take advantage of all the pockets.

Swede74

Enlightened
I got this little pouch with my first 3G USB dongle back in 2007 or 2008, and finally found a good use for it. A Zebralight H32(w) with the headband attached fits perfectly. I made a hole for the lens and stitched an o-ring to it for stability. I know, technically I didn't stitch anything to the hole :whistle:

ho5_K3.jpg
ho3_K3.jpg

ho2_K3.jpg
ho4_K3.jpg
ho1_K3.jpg

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just keep mine in a pocket in my backpack all the time. it fits next to my Pelican case that stores spare batteries, so it stays pretty secure in there and doesn't get tangled up or caught on things or anything like that.

garey

Newly Enlightened
I also keep my headlamp in my daypack when not in use. For me the loose band is actually a feature, allowing me to quickly find the light and pull it out of the pack by the band. Sort of like Magpul tabs on the bottom of AR-15 mags.

Entiat

Newly Enlightened
On a related note: how do you guys secure to a helmet? Unlike JAS, I fall off my horse on occasion :eek: so I wear a helmet for horseback rides (day or night).

For hiking, in my pre-CPF days, I'd carry a Zipka (with the retractable line) just in my pocket since it was so small. Now my ZL either goes around my neck if I think I'm going to use it soon, or in a pocket with the strap quickly wrapped with a rubber band (generally one of those thick ones from asparagus at the supermarket).

jeremiahgus

Newly Enlightened
On a related note: how do you guys secure to a helmet? Unlike JAS, I fall off my horse on occasion :eek: so I wear a helmet for horseback rides (day or night).

For hiking, in my pre-CPF days, I'd carry a Zipka (with the retractable line) just in my pocket since it was so small. Now my ZL either goes around my neck if I think I'm going to use it soon, or in a pocket with the strap quickly wrapped with a rubber band (generally one of those thick ones from asparagus at the supermarket).

I work night shift and wear a hardhat for the majority of my work. I use 3M command clips. They work awesome. You can remove the light very quick and also the clips if you ever need to.

I took a picture of it and put it on instagram because I can't post a picture as an attachment. Here is the link to it
http://instagram.com/p/w4wRf7RVdB/

Last edited:

Aperture

Newly Enlightened
With my Surefire Minimus I turn the light 180 degrees so the lens is protected from impact, lockout isn't needed as there are no buttons to press.

In my big backpacks I just chuck it in the top compartment with the other essentials for easy access (so no fumbling in the dark), in my daypack (Camelbak Mule MG) I fold the strap and tuck it neatly in one of the organiser pockets together with a Surefire flashlight (custom 6P, C2, E2E or P2X).

D6859

Enlightened
I bough a little Voodoo Tactical pouch for my phone about a year ago. I soon bough a new bigger phone and didn't have use for the pouch until now. I recently bought Armytek Tiara A1, which fits into the pouch perfectly. It also has a small pocket for the spare battery and it has MOLLE straps on its back so I can easily attach it to my belt, bag, backpack and so on...

pouch.png

I wonder if I have to get a bigger pouch once my Wizard Pro arrives...

Like davidt1 I often carry the headlamp around my neck to ease the pressure against my forehead when I'm not using the headlamp for a moment.

whothedonk

Newly Enlightened
With my Surefire Minimus I turn the light 180 degrees so the lens is protected from impact, lockout isn't needed as there are no buttons to press.

I also turn the light 180° to protect the lens of my Zebralight from impact but I don't protect it more.
I sometime pack the light in the strap to protect it more against scratches...

jinya1004

Newly Enlightened
If I'm edcing, it will be clipped to my pocket, but then it's more of an angled flashlight, also since the headband is not with me either.

I'm usually using the headlamps when outside or camping. In that case I have it stores in a drawstring pouch in an easily accessible pocket of my backpack. However when it is cold weather camping, I always keep it in a pocket, so that the battery doesn't freeze.

iShaman

Newly Enlightened
I keep mine strapped to a hard hat I keep in my truck. The hard hat is filled with bug out items held in place with a drawstring mesh bag. This doesn't take the place of my primary BOB but rather holds the stuff I need for CERT. The light gets used most of course but the dogs don't mind drinking out of the hard hat! Works for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

WhizzBang

Newly Enlightened
I use a headphones draw bag or case. Works for me and allows me to chuck it in any bag without getting scratched.:)

renovipaz

Newly Enlightened
I got this little pouch with my first 3G USB dongle back in 2007 or 2008, and finally found a good use for it. A Zebralight H32(w) with the headband attached fits perfectly. I made a hole for the lens and stitched an o-ring to it for stability. I know, technically I didn't stitch anything to the hole :whistle:

ho5_K3.jpg
ho3_K3.jpg

ho2_K3.jpg
ho4_K3.jpg
ho1_K3.jpg
This is cool, :thumbsup: