How Rare Are These Surefires

Rinspeed

Newly Enlightened
I've had these for quite a long time and you don't see them very often. I've also received several PMs inquiring if I was interested in selling them after posting a picture. One of them was mounted on one of my rifles at some point. I can't remember for sure but when I ordered them I don't think they were ordered as blue models. Pretty sure I purchased them around the same time but they are slightly different in length. I think I still have the boxes for both, I should take a look at them, both have a Malkoff module in them. Anyone want to take a guess when they were made.

Attachments

• Surefire-1.jpg
    Surefire-1.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 239
  • Surefire-2.jpg
    Surefire-2.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 230

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Definitely older 6P's are they blue? If so they are very rare and worth quite a bit. To a collector.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Round head 6P's are rare in any format. There weren't all that many made compared to the version with anti roll. There was even a point the 6P was pulled from the lineup. That and the 3P, which was never reintroduced.

There were some special editions where SureFire was attempting to drum up demand but in the grand scheme of things they are really scarce. PK once said "we couldn't hardly give them away back then".

Fast forward to today, and there are "collectors" who highly prize the rare offerings. But back in the day they were not so as fate would have it, not many were produced.

The length difference is a result of as PK put it "no two batches were the same." "Each successive batch had improvements". Lessons learned if you will, went into the next batch each time.

Last edited:

Rinspeed

Newly Enlightened
Pretty sure both these Surefires were bought from Botach, not sure if any of you are gun guys but Botach has a reputation for some of the worst customer service of any company. I bought at least ten Surefires from them back in the day and all orders were delivered with no issues. I want to say they were like $40 or so when the retail of the 6P was like $65. I'm going to see if I can dig out the boxes and I might even have the receipts. I'll post some pics if I find them.

VZScorpion

Newly Enlightened
Any Surefire guys here selling some Surefires? I figured I'd ask here. I am a collector and want to add more units to my fleet. Please let me know what items in new to mint condition are you willing to part with. Right now I am lookign for an L5. Thanks in advance.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty sure both these Surefires were bought from Botach, not sure if any of you are gun guys but Botach has a reputation for some of the worst customer service of any company. I bought at least ten Surefires from them back in the day and all orders were delivered with no issues. I want to say they were like $40 or so when the retail of the 6P was like $65. I'm going to see if I can dig out the boxes and I might even have the receipts. I'll post some pics if I find them.

Everything you said there sounds right to me. I remember even when the 6P went to the flats body with hex head the MSRP was still I believe $66 and they often sold for way less. For awhile several years ago when SF released a couple shipping containers full of them onto the market they were going for as little as $25 on that famous auction sight. I wish I could have picked up a few more at that time. Botach WAS the worst. I remember the neverending thread about them on Glocktalk back in the early 2000's and the problems everyone was constantly having with them. They were also responsible for selling subpar ammo to the military back then, I'm not sure the news articles are still around though.