I can't find a suitable replacement flashlight.

Mpyrol

Newly Enlightened
I have a neutral white Wowtac A1s and can't find a replacement. Requirements are, neutral white (high-ish CRI), 18650 battery, 1100 lumen and fits in my pocket. This light fits the business model and works. Thru night has one close but not quite as bright and the light color isn't exactly right. I use it for inspection and need to be able to change batteries, keep it on my person and see colors well. A fairly focused beam at 3 ft is ideal. I am shocked I can't find one to replace it. Anyone have any idea's?

Brian

hsa

Enlightened
@Mpyrol. I have this light too. I noticed a few months ago that it was no longer for sale by Wowtac.
The closest thing I can find is Thrunite Tn 12 V-4 if you want the neutral and it is 90 bucks. That sucks.
The convoy is a good light but tail switch only.

emac77

Newly Enlightened
Sofirn sp31 v2 with the lh351d led would probably work for you.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Brian,
Welcome to CPF.

Wowtac lied about A1s output. It was never 1100Lm, more like 875Lm for a few seconds and dropping off rapidly to below 850Lm within 4 minutes or so and then drops suddenly to about 475Lm, and continues to drop from there across its runtime, all the while with PWM.
7oUAOO8_d.webp

Since no one has mentioned yet, I'll recommend the Zebralight SC64c LE 18650 4000K High CRI, which is 90+ CRI, regulated for constant brightness, is incredibly rugged with potted electronics, strictly speaking doesn't use PWM, and max brightness starts at 828Lm, which drops with voltage to around 800Lm before step-down around 3 minutes to about 490Lm, which it will maintain for nearly 3 hours. After step-down the user can continue put the light back up to max brightness for ~3 minutes at a time by double pressing the button. All other modes maintain steady constant brightness without step-down while capacity remains. Nearing the end of capacity, it will step down to 15Lm and, though the graph below ends the test a few minutes after final step-down, a Zebralight will continue to run for many hours at a low mode, continuing to step down to sublumen levels when necessary, and not leave you in the dark until your cell is entirely depleted. All Zebralight models are programmable, so you can choose the brightness of your high, medium, low, and submodes, or whatever mode single or double press starts.
jBLdlLd_d.webp

If you want something brighter with 80+ CRI, consider the SC600w Mk IV Plus 18650 XHP50.2 Neutral White. 4500K, 2300Lm. Graphs below show brightness and runtimes for levels 12, 11, and 10, respectively, with better than 1800Lm for 20 minutes, a rock-steady 1280Lm for nearly an hour, and a rock-steady 700Lm for just over 2 hours. It's slightly beefier than the SC64c, but smaller than it looks in the product page images. Here is a video review that shows its compact size.
6vjaoFm_d.webp

p9L2O9G_d.webp

7fLRL7F_d.webp

Last edited:

NightTime

Newly Enlightened
I have an previous version of the SC64w HI at home, I can run a runtime test at LEVEL 12 if you want to see the results.

Last edited:

hsa

Enlightened
This review shows the claimed outputs are pretty close. The neutral version claimed less than 1000 lumens.
Mine came with a dead battery but I was able to charge and use it for about a year although it was dodgy. I replaced it with a Streamlight battery and it has been fine since. This is a 29 dollar flashlight.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wurkkos ts21 or the fc11 for something more pocketable. High cri, good output I believe they can both be found in the 4000k colour temp which would be good for inspecting

NightTime

Newly Enlightened
Here is the result for for test:

This is the highest level (Level 12) for the Zebralight SC64w HI NW using a Cree-XHP35@4400K. The test was carried out under cooling conditions. At 20°C, this light would normally dim to protect itself.

alight-SC64w-HI-NW-Cree-XHP35-4400-K-Lvl-12-cooled.png

1042 lumens for 41 min, then 100 lumens until 87 min mark, then sub lumen level.

**Estimated lumens only. My shoebox is only roughly calibrated.

Last edited:

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would recommend the Wurkkos HD15 18650 angle light. Dual emitters LH351D and SST20 90/70 Cri. 4 speed with turbo around 2000 lunens. On board charging port, magnetic tail cap, both emitters can invidually operated (for flood or spot), small form factor for a 18650 and lastly comes with a 18350 shortbody that makes it much shorter. I received mine yesterday and this light is amazing for its price.

NightTime

Newly Enlightened

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a neutral white Wowtac A1s and can't find a replacement. Requirements are, neutral white (high-ish CRI), 18650 battery, 1100 lumen and fits in my pocket. This light fits the business model and works. Thru night has one close but not quite as bright and the light color isn't exactly right. I use it for inspection and need to be able to change batteries, keep it on my person and see colors well. A fairly focused beam at 3 ft is ideal. I am shocked I can't find one to replace it. Anyone have any idea's?

Brian
Hi, I just picked up a lumintop D1 for the same sorta reasons , lots of led options and cheap , take a look. I love mine !