I hate all all of you

Up All Night

Enlightened
I gave my SO a Jetbeam TC-R2 and a box of Surefire batteries for Christmas last year. She liked it to start with, but when the storms hit at the end of June and millions of people (including her) lost power, she was extra-appreciative. "Best Christmas present EVER!" she said.

"Best Christmas present EVER!" I was going to say get that in writing, just to have on file if a future purchase becomes contentious. Now I see she's lighting up treetops, so it seems you're good to go!:thumbsup:

Well played!!:bow:

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, you don't know me. But soon you'll hate me.

Ra Rotary... but that last one's not titanium, and I need something in titanium for the sake of the collection."

Rumor is, Henry is planning to do a titanium run now that the machine shop situation is straightening out.

See?

Ezeriel

Enlightened
All I wanted was one measley little AA light to back up my PD30. Then I ran across CPF. Now I want a Zebralight, Sunwayman, Eagletac, Jetbeam, more 4sevens, more Fenix, etc, etc, etc. *******s.

P.S. My wife hates you too.

lol.. that put a smile on my face :)

Swiss

Newly Enlightened
All along I wanted a TK70 but didn't want to spend the money...

Maybe if I just buy it I can stop all this non-sense.

Go and get it! I bought the TK70 and it's the coolest light ever. Yes it's a bit big, but it has an excellent grip to it and is just insanely bright. Just last night we heard some strange noises in the neighborhood... I pulled out my TK70 and it was daylight :D

...oh, just don't tell your wife how much you spent on it. Tell her it was on sale at Walmart... :whistle:

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait until you have *hundreds* of lights. Then you can talk *hate!* Right now is the time to prove that each and every light purchase is... ***needed.***

Dankung

Newly Enlightened
there is a old saying, extreme hate is love,and extreme love is hate :huh:

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, she's kinda weird. I rather like her. She says it's all my fault she now entertains herself at night by lighting up treetops across the yard.

Sounds like my kind of girl! Wait... am I the only one thinking this??

Perrinsf

Newly Enlightened
All I wanted was one measley little AA light to back up my PD30. Then I ran across CPF. Now I want a Zebralight, Sunwayman, Eagletac, Jetbeam, more 4sevens, more Fenix, etc, etc, etc. *******s.

P.S. My wife hates you too.
I have forever started down the dark path with my newly acquired flashlight obsession. (no pun intended). My first premium light I bought as an EDC was a Fenix PD20 which I absolutely love. Couldn't go backwards after that. Family thinks I am a little loopy, so I started buying them their own lights to indoctrinate them. Just bought a Nitecore Explorer EC1 and waiting for delivery. Into the abyss.....

Pinetreebbs

Newly Enlightened
Scene from last night at my house:

Wife- "I saw some shoes last night I really like, but I probably don't need anymore."

Me- "You work hard baby, go ahead and get them.....by the way I ordered another flashlight."

Just substitute "hand blown perfume bottles" or "dolls" for shoes and it's my house. This also explains my Spyderco knife collection. :grin2:

fiberguy

Newly Enlightened
Go and get it! I bought the TK70 and it's the coolest light ever. Yes it's a bit big, but it has an excellent grip to it and is just insanely bright. Just last night we heard some strange noises in the neighborhood... I pulled out my TK70 and it was daylight :D

...oh, just don't tell your wife how much you spent on it. Tell her it was on sale at Walmart... :whistle:

Got my tk70 this week........ Sheesh.

I LOVE THIS LIGHT!

Bad ++

peterkin101

Newly Enlightened
Got my tk70 this week........ Sheesh.

I LOVE THIS LIGHT!

Bad ++

What batteries etc are you using?

I'm wanting to get one of these torches but so far have yet to find a sensible solution for a power supply here in the UK.

Top of the list is 9500mAh+ LSD NiMH cells and a intelligent charger with full info.

A Herculean task so far...

hoffmyster86

Newly Enlightened
hi all, new to the forum, third post so hopefully no yellow banner..

heres a cunning plan, make a situation that involves needing a torch, give her the little 50 hour dwindaly torch, then let her use it..

heres the cunning plan bit, when she cant find it/see what she's doing (for 50 hours lol) lammmmpit up gooood! and say here yu go luv, peck on the cheek, and you can can keep that in your hand bag.

and say no more, she may just apresiate it after that. (you can smugly grin though..hehehe after all its dark).

fiberguy

Newly Enlightened
What batteries etc are you using?

I'm wanting to get one of these torches but so far have yet to find a sensible solution for a power supply here in the UK.

Top of the list is 9500mAh+ LSD NiMH cells and a intelligent charger with full info.

A Herculean task so far...

I'm running the Tenergy Premium white cells (10,000 mAh) and a Maha Powerex MH-C808M to charge them. I wanted the 8 bay smart charger so I could knock out more batteries in a single run (I use a lot of Eneloops too).

My only complaint is that this light doesn't seem like more than double the light I get out of my TK41. I'm starting to realize that as lumen ratings get higher, the difference seems like less. This light will work good for work, but I wish it had more output. I kinda expected a little more from it.

If you're used to carrying a D cell mag, you'll feel right at home with this light. I love it.

biglights

Enlightened
I'm running the Tenergy Premium white cells (10,000 mAh) and a Maha Powerex MH-C808M to charge them. I wanted the 8 bay smart charger so I could knock out more batteries in a single run (I use a lot of Eneloops too).

My only complaint is that this light doesn't seem like more than double the light I get out of my TK41. I'm starting to realize that as lumen ratings get higher, the difference seems like less. This light will work good for work, but I wish it had more output. I kinda expected a little more from it.

If you're used to carrying a D cell mag, you'll feel right at home with this light. I love it.

I have both of this lights also and the TK70 absolutely just crushes the TK41. Not even close, that is weird that you dont see that, I would go as far to say that the output might be closer to triple. It lights up everything and at a good distance to.

I also am using the white tenegrys, they works very well for the TK70.

bushmattster

Newly Enlightened
Right now my grail light is the Ti bug. Maybe I should look at a Sunwayman V10R Ti

That's a damn good looking light. I wish they made a mini aa version. May have to get one anyway. I went cheaper and ordered the Etac D25a clicky Ti to start my collection.

bushmattster

Newly Enlightened
I've ordered five lights since I've joined CPF in less than a month. This is worse than drugs. I'm going to have get a second job............ I just found my next light.