I have just emailed Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattp

Enlightened
The tritium locators I paid for were not present, otherwise everything (USB Charger, spare battery) is there and fully functional. It's a wonderful little light though I'm greatly disappointed in the lacking tritium. Though that's likely something I can solve with the help of friends.

I'm glad to hear your light finally turned up.
I suspect you're already aware, but just in case you're not, Merkava has 1.5 x 6 mm tritium vials in green that fit the Wee perfectly, over in the marketplace:

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?170374-For-Sale-Tritium-Vials

I recently bought a second hand Ti Raw, and they are nice little lights, it's a shame to see the road the business has gone down, leaving so many out of pocket.
All the best,
Matt.

egrep

Enlightened
I wrote Rob to let him know about developments on this thread. He read it but from what I gather does not feel sufficiently moved to address CPF. I'm very sad because this was the very best chance he (and we) had to resolve this mess, yet he's not going for it.

Rob strikes me as a decent fellow in our exchanges(*), but his unwillingness to take this outstretched hand causes me to be very sad and to lament his weakness. It's not easy to eat crow, but sometimes you have to chew through what you've served up. Rob may make great lights, but this failure will hound him all his life regardless of how hard he tries to deny it.

Rob, you need to 'MAN UP' and deal with this. The door is open, will you enter?

mattp, yeah I'm going to order from Merkava or B@rt depending on who has the color I want handy and maybe some Norland which i'll need. Thanks!

(*) This does not excuse his very indecent treatment of trusting buyers from CPF!

Last edited:

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish to express my most humble apologies to members of CPF who were offended by my prior posts supporting Rob Cheetham and his efforts to reestablish Lummi as a reputable establishment. In no way was it my intention to provoke or antagonize members who hadn't received their purchases. I stated that despite the negative publicity shed on Lummi...I was going to attempt to purchase a new light and that I would share the outcome of my transaction publicly on the forum and that was all that I did. DM51, I am very sorry that you interpreted my actions as trolling and saw fit to ban me and BF1 for expressing our honest experiences with this manufacturer. I feel that many of the contributers to this thread are way off base and using this as a lynching session. Please reread the original post that started this thread and please explain how I was out of line with my comments when I spoke complete honesty and recited an actual experience verbatum. Once again ....please accept my apologies and I am glad to be back on the forum! Karl H. Riedel III.

egrep

Enlightened
KarlHRiedel III,

It clearly sounds like you're sorry you got banned and you're not the least bit apologetic for being obnoxious and rude to the CPF community by outrageous trolling. Since you most explicitly apologize for OUR misunderstanding and not YOUR actions I'm going to take a pass on acceptance. I and others do not need YOU apologizing for YOUR perception that the issue here is OUR misunderstanding.

You trolled, you troll on your return. You are in no way ignorant of how you were out of line. You do not fool me and likely you do not fool many others either. You sir are a troll and not a WHOLE lot more! Now that you're back and again pushing people's buttons, how long until you're banned again?

Moderators: I'm not good at mincing words, but I hate causing unrest or angst. Delete this post or ask me to do so and it will be done. I realize that *I* may be out of line here and if so I sincerely apologize for being adamant and posting for all to see. Though it may rankle some uncomfortable with controversy and conflict my intent is to not let Karl's balderdash of insincerity go unanswered.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
DM51, I am very sorry that you interpreted my actions as trolling and saw fit to ban me and BF1 for expressing our honest experiences with this manufacturer.

KarlHRiedel III,

It clearly sounds like you're sorry you got banned and you're not the least bit apologetic for being obnoxious and rude to the CPF community by outrageous trolling. Since you most explicitly apologize for OUR misunderstanding and not YOUR actions I'm going to take a pass on acceptance. I and others do not need YOU apologizing for YOUR perception that the issue here is OUR misunderstanding.

I read that the same way egrep. I don't think you are out of line.

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
Feelings are running high here and that is to some extent understandable, but it will do no good to inflame matters further.

I'm going to close this thread temporarily. Perhaps after 12-24 hours things will have cooled down sufficiently for it to be re-opened.

DM51

Flashaholic
Thread re-opened. Members posting here, or indeed anywhere in this sub-forum, should remain mindful of the sensibilities of others.

bf1

Enlightened
Dm51,
The statement of being mindful and respectful is right on!

Flashlight Enthusiast
For what it is worth, I ordered a wee just now

I will post up my results.

I emailed Lummi today asking about lights, he emailed me back in 15 minutes.

I then placed an order, and the order was rejected by paypal because the Trit color on the orb wasn't available

I then placed an order for a Wee with trits and that went through.

Rob emailed me and thanked me for the order and said it'll be a few days and it'll ship
---
So, I am assuming his web site and pay system is linked more solidly to actual inventory and I
am going to trust this guy and I will report back what happens with this order.

blackfly

Enlightened
I'm waiting for an order from January of last year. It was something that Rob confirmed was in stock before I ordered it. I've emailed him every couple months to check on status. He always responds promptly but I still don't have the light. In one email he mentioned something about "funding backorders". So, he may very well be filling new orders. But I will be surprised if I get the light I ordered a year ago.

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, I got the Wee just now. under 3 weeks. I can't say anything other than this was a normal international transaction.

I won't lie, it was not anything but a smooth transaction

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Makes my blood boil to hear that he's shipping new orders while leaving people who paid over a year ago out in the cold.

egrep

Enlightened
Your posting is irrelevant to this thread. No one is doubting that he is currently shipping lights he sells from his website and through his facebook presence. You might want to read the thread a bit better before you drop something like this. It's really just antagonistic. I'll stop short of calling it a troll, though inherently it is.

The issue here is that Mr. Cheatham has taken money in the past from CPF members and not filled those orders. He essentially has stolen that money and walked away. But I'm sure you know that and just wanted to stir stuff up with your irrelevant offering.

Go ahead and order all the lights you want from Lummi. But don't come here to tell us about it, eh?

well, I got the Wee just now. under 3 weeks. I can't say anything other than this was a normal international transaction.

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
and he replied,

I was asking about purchasing a new Lummi and was enquiring about his stock, he told me he has Wee SS and Ti are ready to ship with the new XM-L emitter he is building, although he has no locators in stock.

Now I know of all the bad things flying around on this forum, but I have succesfully purchased 2 lights from him (2 years ago) with no problems, he was very proffesional in every step.

I dont see why I shouldnt hand over payment for a new Wee Ti, he has done nothing wrong by me.

What are your thoughts?
The question was asked "What are your thoughts"

The answer was given!

Your posting is irrelevant to this thread. No one is doubting that he is currently shipping lights he sells from his website and through his facebook presence. You might want to read the thread a bit better before you drop something like this. It's really just antagonistic. I'll stop short of calling it a troll, though inherently it is.

The issue here is that Mr. Cheatham has taken money in the past from CPF members and not filled those orders. He essentially has stolen that money and walked away. But I'm sure you know that and just wanted to stir stuff up with your irrelevant offering.

Go ahead and order all the lights you want from Lummi. But don't come here to tell us about it, eh?

127.0.0.1 replied with his thoughts and to the point. Mods please close this thread!

Flashlight Enthusiast

holy smokes lay off

ask any big vendor here, IlluminationSupply, IlluminationGear, PhotonFanatic, Going Gear, Peak, BatteryJunction and others...
what I have been doing...I drop in out of the sky in January after finding this forum and been buying lights like a mad dog
these last few weeks. I am not trying to troll anyone. I wanted a Wee and these forums scared me off almost, but said screw
it I will just try to get one. and I did so I just indicated that HERE to show that at least this dude is alive and there
actually is still a real company or enterprise that is operating and supplying what they say they will...to ME. YMMV

anyone waiting and grinding on the issue should stop being wishywashy and go after VISA to get a refund and
they will launch an investigation armed with many lawyers. That is the way to deal with the issue....NOT sleeping on it
or hoping Paypal complaints will help...

Last edited:

egrep

Enlightened
Closing this thread makes sense. Excuse me if my response was in any way emotional. "Blood Boiling" causes these things.

As for laying off. The thing you may not realize is that a non trivial number of us have been stolen from and lied to by this person. You posting here about how you see no problem doing business with him doesn't seem to be appropriate, but that's just IMO, YMMV.

I'm very glad YOU got the light you wanted. I wish those who paid and waited for theirs would have got them. You paying for and receiving yours then comes at the cost of those who went before you. You shouldn't feel bad you got your light, but you should be sensitive when you tell us about it. :)

Like I said, we all know that people who give Mr Cheatham their money now are highly likely to get their lights. However the people from CPF who have been stolen from know 'the rest of the story'. I think sensitivity is what's lacking from your posting.

I didn't call you a troll, explicitly. However what you say and do has an effect. That's why people usually try to have 'situational awareness' and exert some caution and care.

Enjoy your light. I apologize for being harsh. Truly.

Be it ever so humble, there's no place like localhost. :)
holy smokes lay off

ask any big vendor here, IlluminationSupply, IlluminationGear, PhotonFanatic, Going Gear, Peak, BatteryJunction and others...
what I have been doing...I drop in out of the sky in January after finding this forum and been buying lights like a mad dog
these last few weeks. I am not trying to troll anyone. I wanted a Wee and these forums scared me off almost, but said screw
it I will just try to get one. and I did so I just indicated that HERE to show that at least this dude is alive and there
actually is still a real company or enterprise that is operating and supplying what they say they will...to ME. YMMV

anyone waiting and grinding on the issue should stop being wishywashy and go after VISA to get a refund and
they will launch an investigation armed with many lawyers. That is the way to deal with the issue....NOT sleeping on it
or hoping Paypal complaints will help...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.